Windows 10: How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.?

Discus and support How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Occasionally Win 10 downloads silently in background some security updates (on my v1903 system) and prepares them for installation on next reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clsven, Sep 28, 2020.

1. clsven Win User

How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.?

Occasionally Win 10 downloads silently in background some security updates (on my v1903 system) and prepares them for installation on next reboot.

When I click on START Button (for shutdown or restart action) I can see an additional entry "Update and restart" with a red dot in the lower left corner of the START menu icon.

Is there a way to find out exactly which update is going to be installed on the next reboot?

Is there a way to prevent this pending installation at next reboot?

Claudia

:)

clsven, Sep 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, once it's been downloaded, that's a little tricky. I've not tried to do it myself. See:
    How to delete Downloaded, Failed & Pending Windows Updates
    Delete Pending Updates in Windows 10

There are ways to configure how restarts are handled - see the Tutorial section:

How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.? [​IMG]

E.g.
    Configure Auto-restart Warning Notifications for Updates in Windows 10

- and of course Active Hours
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

If you have Pro you can set updates to Notify- so you always know what's coming.

dalchina, Sep 28, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 28, 2020
  4. clsven Win User

Occasionally Win 10 downloads silently in background some security updates (on my v1903 system) and prepares them for installation on next reboot.

When I click on START Button (for shutdown or restart action) I can see an additional entry "Update and restart" with a red dot in the lower left corner of the START menu icon.

Is there a way to find out exactly which update is going to be installed on the next reboot?

Is there a way to prevent this pending installation at next reboot?

Claudia

clsven, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.? - Similar Threads - find info pending

2. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  3. Cancel Pending restart driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Pending restart driver update: Hello! I got an Driver update which downgrade my drivers from windows settings so how do I cancel that pending restart driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-pending-restart-driver-update/ff966168-2a5c-4c9d-a98c-6eea93525299
  4. How can I tell if a computer has a pending windows 11 update on the next reboot for our...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell if a computer has a pending windows 11 update on the next reboot for our...: We have 300+ windows 10 pro computers in our environment and thought we pause the automatic update to windows 11 via InTune. To our surprise, as users rebooted, win 11 installed. We've since successfully stopped the auto update but finding some users have the update pending,...
  5. How can I tell if a computer has a pending windows 11 update on the next reboot for our...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell if a computer has a pending windows 11 update on the next reboot for our...: We have 300+ windows 10 pro computers in our environment and thought we pause the automatic update to windows 11 via InTune. To our surprise, as users rebooted, win 11 installed. We've since successfully stopped the auto update but finding some users have the update pending,...
  6. Cancel Pending Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancel Pending Optional Updates?: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I went into Optional Updates to update my adapter, and while I was in there I saw a bunch of other updates were available, so I decided to just tick them all too while I was at it. Like an idiot I only Googled them after the fact, and...
  7. How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.?

How to find out info about pending update on next reboot? cancel upd.?: Occasionally Win 10 downloads silently in background some security updates (on my v1903 system) and prepares them for installation on next reboot. When I click on START Button (for shutdown or restart action) I can see an additional entry "Update and restart" with a red dot...
  8. How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart

How to stop/cancel a pending update [1909] restart: I believe some people have asked similar questions. But in my situation, I don't want to install the update [feature update to Win10 1909] due to some reasons. The fact is that Windows has automatically downloaded the update [1909] in my computer and asked me to restart in...
  9. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...
  10. How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel/clear Pending Updates?: how to do this in windows 10? pending updates that are not good [broken hw driver] I need to ditch. where is the folder? 17879