Windows 10: How to find out IP of remote computer

Discus and support How to find out IP of remote computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem. I let my computer on at home for remote connection and now I'm trying to access it and it doesn't work. I assume that the IP address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ricardobohner, May 10, 2019.

1. How to find out IP of remote computer

I have a problem. I let my computer on at home for remote connection and now I'm trying to access it and it doesn't work.

I assume that the IP address probably changed since it last did a remote connection. How do I find out the IP address of my remote computer if I don't have access to it?

I tried accessing my microsoft account -> security, and that part where the last IP address are stored but none of them work, is there another way? Does maybe tenformus store IP address and where should I go to see them?

:)

ricardobohner, May 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, May 10, 2019
  3. Computer's IP Adress

i had a dynamic ip address so i tried to have a static one so i did some steps to change it but it didnt work out so i put ip address on obtain automatically now i cannot see my computer's ip address listed on ipconfig /all please help

Anmol Agarwal, May 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How to find out IP of remote computer

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

How to find out IP of remote computer

1. How to find out IP of remote computer - Similar Threads - find remote computer

2. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  3. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  4. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop can’t find the computer: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will...
  6. Is mylocationip.com correct to find out IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is mylocationip.com correct to find out IP address?: After browsing on the internet I found this site called mylocationip.com. Is it OK to get a correct IP address?
  7. How to find remote connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find remote connections: Hoping someone can help here. My stepdad just called me to get help with his laptop, but I am not a Windows user, so I am not sure how to help him. Apparently, he was having issues with his WiFi, so he took his laptop to a local repair shop, and the guy setup some form of...
  8. How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app: Hi guys, so I know this will sound funny but I work in a servicedesk and we all work from home due to covid-19. During this time we had to switch to a web client of the software for phone calls and it sucks. Now my boss has just put up with it but I would like to figure out...
  9. How is it possible that someone finds out my IP-Adress?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How is it possible that someone finds out my IP-Adress?: Yesterday I played with a friend of mine R6S, until we ran into two guys that randomly teamkills us. There Gamertags are „XxDEVIL KID“ and „dragonmonstergf“ these are important. So after they Teamkilled us i send them a message why they did it and they didnt have a reason...
  10. how to find out who is accessing my computer remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to find out who is accessing my computer remotely: I think I'm being watched! How do I find out if someone is accessing my computer remotely? Please send me a link to a video that I can follow to check my computer out?!! Thank you for you assistance! BrinKingdom...