Windows 10: How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

Discus and support How to find out long name files and folders in W10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; everytime I try to copy a big folder it gives me an error for hundreds of files that have names too long, so I need to find out which of my files in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thejuanwelove, Sep 4, 2020.

1. How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

everytime I try to copy a big folder it gives me an error for hundreds of files that have names too long, so I need to find out which of my files in my HD have long names or paths. At first I thought this should be incredibly straightforward and easy, but this is windows and actually I have no idea how to do this.

submitted by /u/thejuanwelove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thejuanwelove, Sep 4, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Sep 4, 2020
  3. List file names than a folder.

Hello @White,

I have just put this together for YOU => List_Folder_Files.bat.

You need to put it in whatever directory you want to produce the list of files.

I hope this helps!

Paul Black, Sep 4, 2020
  4. MSF_183 Win User

How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

Folder/File appearance

In W10

• Can i highlight a folder name or icon
    or similarly

• Can i highlight a file name or icon

MSF_183, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

1. How to find out long name files and folders in W10? - Similar Threads - find long name

2. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  3. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  4. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File name too long for destination folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name too long for destination folder: I have a parent folder containing multiple subfolders 100+ within. Every folder name is well under 256 characters. I need to transfer this particular parent folder regularly between my computer drives and have had no issue initially. However out of the blue I start receiving...
  6. File name too long for destination folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long for destination folder: I have a parent folder containing multiple subfolders 100+ within. Every folder name is well under 256 characters. I need to transfer this particular parent folder regularly between my computer drives and have had no issue initially. However out of the blue I start receiving...
  7. File name too long for destination folder

8. Weird folders with long names

Weird folders with long names: So, since I have online classes, every day I use my laptop. Now, I've noticed that there are some weird folders with long names. Those names are: 3b6cb7df377683c56a62673d, 7742a23c06995f3a8408128c99427f8e, 6200093cbffe94c485458e, 15632226b3793987f8306e9a84d5,...
  9. How to find a File name?

How to find a File name?: I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email I go to file Explorer click on what I want to send, hit open then the box to the left of the open key asks for the file name, what and where can I find the "File...
  10. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...