Windows 10: How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache

Discus and support How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to find out the original name of a file in your browser cache ( I use firefox). I took a look in the cache... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Mar 24, 2020.

1. How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache

Hi,
    I would like to know if it is possible to find out the original name of a file in your browser cache ( I use firefox). I took a look in the cache but they look all like random names and with no extension.

How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache [​IMG]

How do I find out what is jpg, png, mp4, gif, flv etc?

:)

ricardobohner, Mar 24, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

TPU 's useful browser extensions

Post your browser and any useful extensions
    there is my current daily browser load-out

Browser Chrome
    Extensions
    • Chrono Download manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...anager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en

• Practical start-page
    Practical Startpage

• ublock Origin
    uBlock Origin

• tampermonkey script manager
    Tampermonkey
    • TamperMonkey Scripts
    youtube control center dev​YePpHa/YouTubeCenter
    anti-adblock killer​https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

OneMoar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Facebook will not upload pics form Windows PC .... OK on phone

Hi,

As an
    initial troubleshooting, we would suggest you to clear your browser's cache and cookies. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on the three little dots on the top-right corner.

• Under
      Clear Browsing Dataclick on
      Choose what to clear.

• Make sure
      Cache
      is checked.

• Click
      Clear.

If issue persists, we would suggest you to update your browsers.

Let us know
    how it goes.

Anna Bol, Mar 24, 2020
  4. How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache

Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What is the exactly issue you are facing with Microsoft edge browser?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are facing issue related to the performance of Microsoft Edge browser, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies of Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache

1. How to find out original name or extension form files in browser cache - Similar Threads - find original name

2. Restoring Files to original Form

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Files to original Form: So I recently Started getting into Minecraft mods, Now The steps told me to open this file, being the idiot that I am decided to change the default opening of .jar files to explorer, now this makes it impossible for me to use the mod, please someone tell me how to fix the...
  3. How do I change a file back to it's original form?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change a file back to it's original form?: I tried to use a file that's supposed to be kept as a file, but accidently ran it using internet explorer. How do I change it back to just being a file? (this probably makes no sense because I know absolutely nothing about computers, so please be descriptive with the answer)...
  4. How to find out long name files and folders in W10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find out long name files and folders in W10?: everytime I try to copy a big folder it gives me an error for hundreds of files that have names too long, so I need to find out which of my files in my HD have long names or paths. At first I thought this should be incredibly straightforward and easy, but this is windows and...
  5. How to find a File name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find a File name?: I transferred a photo CD from CVS to my computer so that I could Email them to someone, I prepare the email I go to file Explorer click on what I want to send, hit open then the box to the left of the open key asks for the file name, what and where can I find the "File...
  6. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  7. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  8. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  9. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  10. ssd upgrade how to find out form

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd upgrade how to find out form: have hp 15au181sa - cant find form. i just want to take old hd out and replace with ssd. will this do- 2.5 inch SATA SSD or does it have to be sata III ? what software/cables do i need to make transition.please help ty 111260