Windows 10: How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct"

Discus and support How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I turned on the "Projecting to this computer" feature, and a WIfi network called "DIRECT-JVDIVINEDEMONmsOT" appeared And how do I know the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr.IMBA, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mr.IMBA Win User

How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct"

I turned on the "Projecting to this computer" feature, and a WIfi network called "DIRECT-JVDIVINEDEMONmsOT" appeared

And how do I know the password from this network?

And what was it for?

Example: "DIRECT-JVDIVINEDEMONmsOT" - "DIVINEDEMON" = PCname

This is not a mobile hot stop.

+ No notification of an attempt to connect to a computer via Android (8.1) via Wifi Direct

:)

Mr.IMBA, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Elbuort Win User

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Elbuort, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 wifi direct password

I bought a windows 10 laptop recently and today i tried to connect to it with wifi direct from my android smart phone and it worked. The way i did it by opening settings on my Lg g4 smartphone, going into wifi, turning it on, opening the advanced settings,
    and going to wifi direct and tapping "search". On my acer e5-575g-53vg laptop i went to the settings, devices, connected devices,and clicked "add a device" and selcted my phone. Everything went well and it said it connected. Later i tried reconnecting to it
    and on my android phone in wifi (not wifi direct) it shows the laptop and when i try to connect it say i need a password, but i never set one. How do i find it? Everytime i try to connect to my phone from the laptop i get the error "device quit waiting, try
    again" how do i find the password for wifi direct?

Ethan_D_Smith, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Maban Win User

WiFi Direct on a airplane?

I don't want WiFi; I want WiFi Direct so I can use my Shield Controller with my Shield Tablet. The flights I'm going on don't even offer WiFi.

Maban, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find out the password from "WiFi Direct" - Similar Threads - find password WiFi

2. how to find out my surface pro password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find out my surface pro password?: I only login with my face. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-out-my-surface-pro-password/15a28434-d263-4dab-812b-2da67494fa10
  3. how to find out my surface pro password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to find out my surface pro password?: I only login with my face. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-out-my-surface-pro-password/15a28434-d263-4dab-812b-2da67494fa10
  4. Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?: I understand that it's easy to find out if the wifi direct virtual adapter exists on the laptop by checking it via a command prompt.However, I am about to purchase a new laptop, and it is extremely important that it supports WiFi Direct for me.Is there any way to find out? Or...
  5. Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to find out if a prospective laptop supports WiFi Direct?: I understand that it's easy to find out if the wifi direct virtual adapter exists on the laptop by checking it via a command prompt.However, I am about to purchase a new laptop, and it is extremely important that it supports WiFi Direct for me.Is there any way to find out? Or...
  6. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  7. How to find my WiFi Password

How to find my WiFi Password: I followed the online instructions. But at "Connections", my blue field is Ethernet. I cannot open the additional windows per the instructions because they are not available from my Ethernet connection. Please help!...
  8. Wifi Direct

Wifi Direct: I want to use wifi direct to move images from a Sony A6000 camera to my PC running W10. Is this possible or can it only be done on mobile devices? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/8ae5cda8-26c0-4459-9e62-a23dec3f0769
  9. wifi direct

wifi direct: how do i activate wifi direct on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-direct/a6cf58fd-93a3-4c61-8996-8225dac29a84
  10. how do I find my wifi password

how do I find my wifi password: How to locate my wifi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-password/243101be-b0f7-46ea-a629-c8d3e71ffe1f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direct-laptop network name

2. How to find wifi Direct password Windows 10

3. how to get direct wifi laptop password created by letsview

4. wifi direct password pc,
  5. wifi direct password windows 10,
  6. find password Wi-Fi direct windows 10,
  7. Wi-Fi direct windows 10 connect password,
  8. where to find wifi direct password on computer,
  9. Wi-Fi Direct password on Windows 10,
  10. how to find wifi direct password on windows 10,
  11. wifi direct password,