Windows 10: How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app

Discus and support How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, so I know this will sound funny but I work in a servicedesk and we all work from home due to covid-19. During this time we had to switch to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chicocheco, Jun 3, 2020.

1. How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app

Hi guys, so I know this will sound funny but I work in a servicedesk and we all work from home due to covid-19. During this time we had to switch to a web client of the software for phone calls and it sucks. Now my boss has just put up with it but I would like to figure out how to configure the app to make it work out of the office network and for that I need to know what IP address is being contacted when I open the desktop app because that is when it says that the server is unreachable. I am convinced there must be a solution and knowing what IP address it is would be the starting point. I have no idea how to check it from within the app so maybe there is something like WireShark but simpler just for this single purpose? Thanks

submitted by /u/chicocheco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chicocheco, Jun 3, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

IP ADDRESS

This problem usually sorts itself out automatically, but see the following for some suggestions:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/ip-address-already-in-use/

If you keep getting these notifications, chances are that some device on your network is configured to use a static IP address that is within the range of addresses allocated by your router's DHCP server.

If you need some help in sorting out a situation like this, please provide the following information:

• the make and specific model of your router
    • the make and specific model of every device connected to your network, including printers, TV set top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, etc.
    If you have many devices connected to your network, download and run Advanced IP scanner (Advanced IP Scanner - Download Free Network Scanner.). This will list all of your currently-connected
    network devices and show their IP addresses.

LemP, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app

1. How to find out what IP address is being contacted by a specific app - Similar Threads - find address being

2. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  3. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the actual IP addresses.: Hi,I have been observing that there are suspicious network connections established with the following Microsoft domains from werfault.exe. These results have been generated from the EDR. umwatson.events.data.microsoft.com, kmwatson.events.data.microsoft.com :-...
  4. How to find the actual IP addresses.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?

in Windows 10 News
    What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error?: [ATTACH]Internet is a basic human right and its lack can disrupt your daily life. […] This article What is 169 IP address? How to fix 169 IP address error? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Is mylocationip.com correct to find out IP address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is mylocationip.com correct to find out IP address?: After browsing on the internet I found this site called mylocationip.com. Is it OK to get a correct IP address?
  7. cannot find IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot find IP address: since uploading win 10 to replace win7 a yellow triangle covers the internet icon, I use the trouble shooter and reply is " local area connection network configuration problem, cannot find valid IP address". And if I wait for about 5 min. yellow triangle goes and I have...
  8. whats a simple way to find my IP address?

whats a simple way to find my IP address?: Does anyone know a simple way to find an IP address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-a-simple-way-to-find-my-ip-address/69b88393-feef-421c-85be-ba6bbc89630c
  9. finding my IP address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    finding my IP address: I have a HP all in one Desktop with Windows 10. I need to find the location for my IP address. To view the IP address of a wireless connection, select WiFi on the left menu pane and click Advanced Options, your IP address will appear next to "IPv4 Address. I don't have...
  10. How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!

How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Mac)!: Hello all brothers/sisters, Greetings to all! I am newbie here. I am looking for Router IP Address for my Mac. How can I do that? Though I started reading articles from online. And found few good articles like How to Find a Router’s IP Address (for Windows and Mac) |...