Windows 10: How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10...

Discus and support How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I accidently upgraded to windows 10 pro and now i want to downgrade it,But i dont remember whether it was Windows 10 home or windows 10 home single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roshanjacob, Aug 12, 2021.

1. How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10...

I accidently upgraded to windows 10 pro and now i want to downgrade it,But i dont remember whether it was Windows 10 home or windows 10 home single language...Since we have to select edition while installing through USB..does anyone have an idea how to find what version my oem license was??

:)

Roshanjacob, Aug 12, 2021
  2. ic_988 Win User

How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Understanding downgrade rights
    Updated 11/30/2016

Important: the information on this page is intended for system builders and the downgrade rights that apply to their customers. If you are a customer of a direct OEM, please contact your OEM for more information about downgrade rights. If
    you are a direct OEM, please contact your Microsoft Account Manager.

Downgrade and down-edition rights are an end-user right that Microsoft offers to customers for certain OEM products which meet the technical requirements for a Windows software downgrade. Downgrade rights are documented in the Microsoft Software License
    Terms that customers accept upon first running Windows and Windows Server software. Thanks to downgrade rights, end users who have acquired a later version of the software (such as Windows 10 Pro or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) can use an earlier version
    of the software until they are ready to migrate to a later version technology.

If a product includes downgrade rights, the license terms for that product will indicate which earlier versions of the software may be used.

Downgrade rights will vary depending on if the software was acquired via volume licensing, OEMs, or full packaged product (FPP).

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:

• Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    The downgrade process

Follow these steps to downgrade to an earlier version of Windows software:

• Use genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the version of Windows that is eligible for downgrade. The media/key should come from a previously licensed product from the OEM or retail channel.
    • End users who are licensed separately through Microsoft Volume Licensing (VL) may provide their VL media and key to a system builder to facilitate the downgrade on their own systems.
    • Insert the downgrade-eligible version of Windows media and follow the installation instructions.
    • Enter the product key.
    • If the software was previously activated, it cannot be activated online. In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. Call the number and explain the circumstances. When it is determined that the end user has an
      eligible Windows license, the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code to activate the software. Please note that Microsoft does not provide a full product key in this scenario.
    • Activate the software.
    For scenarios involving large volume downgrades, end users are encouraged to consider VL which provides the benefits of reimaging rights and volume activation, which can make the process of downgrading much easier.

Authorizing a third party to exercise downgrade rights for an end user

Because downgrade rights apply to end users, they are not designed for third-party facilitation, which has many complications. Also, such facilitation is not suitable for carrying out on a large scale.

ic_988, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Jasmine_J Win User
    How to downgrade Windows 10 Pro (OEM) ?

I recently purchased a HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 Pro ( 64bit ) installed. For reasons beyond the scope of this post, I'd like to downgrade it to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. According the the Microsoft's OEM page on understanding the downgrade rights,
    I am eligible to downgrade this OEM build of Windows 10 Pro. But I'm not sure how to go about doing it. There is no "go back to previous version of windows" option in the Control Panel/Recovery Option. The only think I have with me is the OEM license key for
    the Windows 10 Pro.

I contacted HP Support, and they actually refused the very claim that I'm even eligible for a downgrade. Upon escalating my issue to a higher level at HP support, they simply threw in the towel and said I should contact Microsoft(!).

So while I'm pretty certain( based on what I have read ) that the OEM build of Windows 10 Pro is eligible for downgrade, I'm really not sure how to go about installing a older version(8.1 pro or 7 pro).

Thank you in advance!

-JasmineJ

Jasmine_J, Aug 12, 2021
  4. How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10...

Change hard drive of Win7 system with Win8 OEM License

You appear to be talking about Downgrade Rights.

Contact Lenovo:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10...

1. How to find out what version OEM license i had on my HP laptop.To downgrade from windows 10... - Similar Threads - find version OEM

2. How to find license for Office products I had INSTALLED in my new HP All-in-one at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find license for Office products I had INSTALLED in my new HP All-in-one at the...: 2015: I purchased HP All-in-one desktop with camera and other features INCLUDING Word, Excel, Power Point, One Drive, etc. PROBLEM: On FEBRUARY 15, 2023, my camera was no longer 'found' by my computer. I did a reset of system "keeping files" BUT the Office items were NOT...
  3. How to find license for Office products I had INSTALLED in my new HP All-in-one at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find license for Office products I had INSTALLED in my new HP All-in-one at the...: 2015: I purchased HP All-in-one desktop with camera and other features INCLUDING Word, Excel, Power Point, One Drive, etc. PROBLEM: On FEBRUARY 15, 2023, my camera was no longer 'found' by my computer. I did a reset of system "keeping files" BUT the Office items were NOT...
  4. I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...: I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail version Now I want to upgrade my laptop with m.2 nvme ssd and then reinstall windows 10 Activation section is saying Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft...
  5. I had an OEM Windows 10 Home installed on my laptop currently it's in Windows 11. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had an OEM Windows 10 Home installed on my laptop currently it's in Windows 11. What...: The main concern I have now is after I upgrade it to Windows 10/11 Pro with Retail product key, do I have an OEM Windows or a Retail Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-an-oem-windows-10-home-installed-on-my/7d31ac93-f059-4fd8-b8c1-bcfbc2782965
  6. I had an OEM Windows 10 Home installed on my laptop currently it's in Windows 11. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had an OEM Windows 10 Home installed on my laptop currently it's in Windows 11. What...: The main concern I have now is after I upgrade it to Windows 10/11 Pro with Retail product key, do I have an OEM Windows or a Retail Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-an-oem-windows-10-home-installed-on-my/7d31ac93-f059-4fd8-b8c1-bcfbc2782965
  7. I had an OEM Windows 10 Home installed on my laptop currently it's in Windows 11. What...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I find out what version of WINDOWS came on my HP Spectre x360 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I find out what version of WINDOWS came on my HP Spectre x360 laptop?: I wanted to create WIN10 x 64 installation media DVD but think I need to know what version of WIN x64 came on my laptop. I don't recall if it had 8 or 8.1 on it when I bought it maybe 5 years ago. If I ever needed to re-install WIN10 such as to do a reset, I may need to reset...
  9. Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511

Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511: Hey, I have bought a Lenovo laptop that came with a Windows 10 1809 activated so I guess that it is the OEM version and not the retail version. So this version of windows 10 is not able to run smoothly and fast on the hardware present in my laptop so I was thinking to...
  10. How can i check my Windows 10 License Retail or OEM version.

How can i check my Windows 10 License Retail or OEM version.: because my windows 10 is upgraded from a windows 7 disk that I bought like more than 5 years ago, how can I check it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-my-windows-10-license-retail-or/5d410ded-2d82-4d42-97de-82d9da86122f"