Windows 10: How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on...

Discus and support How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My dell laptop came with a pre-installed activated version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) and now I am planning to switch to a Solid State Drive and wish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adv. Ankit Jain, Dec 14, 2018.

1. How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on...

My dell laptop came with a pre-installed activated version of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) and now I am planning to switch to a Solid State Drive and wish to reinstall windows afresh on the Solid state drive. How Do I find what the product key of my windows is? How would I proceed in case fresh set asks for product key?

I was not provided with a product key along with my laptop. It was pre-installed.

:)

Adv. Ankit Jain, Dec 14, 2018

2. Product key and windows 10 version (Pro-Home)

You should be able to back to Windows 10 Pro since your system would have a digital license.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on...

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

The keys are there because 1. It is the product key you end up with when you gain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro through legitimate means and 2. When you do a clean install of Windows 10 (without adding an ei.cfg file), on a computer with a product key for Windows 10 Home stored in UEFI, you can use the generic product key to upgrade the Windows 10 Home that installs by default to Windows 10 Pro - but only if you have an existing digital license for that computer for Windows 10 Pro previously stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

The reason the generic Windows10 Pro product key will not upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Pro is because you do not have a preexisting digital license for Pro for that computer stored on Microsoft activation servers.

NavyLCDR, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on...

1. How to find out your product key or digital license when reinstalling windows 10 pro on... - Similar Threads - find product key

2. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  3. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License #/Digital Product key: Hello there,I have 2 different hard drives that have sentimental files on them I was asked by the owners to retrieve the files. However, both of them seem to require a windows update to be able to do anything with the files. I am only capable of accessing these drives by...
  4. Windows License #/Digital Product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Digital License and Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License and Product key: Hi,I'm using windows 10, activated by digital license linked to my Microsoft account on this device and I'm purchasing a new laptop with windows 10 pre-installed. So can I use my Microsoft account which is used in this device that is activated with digital license on my new...
  6. Product key? Or, digital license?

Product key? Or, digital license?: Dell Inspiron 3647. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade. No tech will be attempting a hard drive change. For reinstalling, I keep reading a 25 character product key. I have 20. It does specify Windows 10 is activated with a digital license. I know once I...
  7. Windows 10 Digital license to product key

Windows 10 Digital license to product key: I bought a prebuild gaming computer with windows 10 home installed. Once setting on the computer, I linked my microsoft account to the product key. Here we are a year later, I upgraded the CPU and GPU, same digital license. Now, I just installed a new motherboard, and windows...
  8. Windows 10 Find Product Key After Digital License

Windows 10 Find Product Key After Digital License: Hi, I have 3 PCs 2 desktops and one Laptop. All at the moment have Windows 10 Pro on them. 1 PC was upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate Retail and the other from Windows 7 Professional Retail. The Laptop was upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Using a retail product key....
  9. Finding my product key/digital license

Finding my product key/digital license: My All-In-One PC is broken, so I want to move my Windows 10 Home, from my broken one to another PC, however I can't find the product key/digital license on my broken PC. How can I get it?...
  10. How do I find my Windows 10 Product Key/Digital License?

How do I find my Windows 10 Product Key/Digital License?: Hi, I bought a laptop 2 years ago and it had Windows 10 pre-installed in it. The thing is though, I don't have access to that laptop anymore and I'm trying to find a way to find my product key/digital licence. Am I able to do that? If so, how do I find it?...