Windows 10: How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

Discus and support How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 has developed a critical error and, following the assessment of an expert technician, I have been advised to reinstall. The process will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hfactor858, Sep 15, 2020.

1. How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

Windows 10 has developed a critical error and, following the assessment of an expert technician, I have been advised to reinstall. The process will remove all apps but preserve my files which are, in any event, backed up daily. I am not sure if the reinstall will erase Outlook's pst files and I'm not sure if I included them in my daily backup routine. I really don't want to risk losing all my archived emails. I am, therefore, looking to find these files on my PC's hard drive and save them to an external hard drive before I initiate the Windows 10 reinstall. I can only access the drive by command prompt or notepad - but I do not know how to search or find the files !
    I assume they are hidden in some way. Can anyone suggest a means of finding files stored anywhere on the hard drive in my PC, whether hidden or not, using only DOS commands? I cannot find the file in users/local data or even that file in users. HELP

:)

Hfactor858, Sep 15, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device

If you are the owner of the Exchange profile, you can configure your account in the Outlook in the new computer and simply download the mailbox data from the Exchange server. But if you want to transfer OST file data to another user, you can convert
    OST to PST and then transfer it to the new computer. The new user can import the PST file to his mailbox.

Let’s start the process:

Step 1- Locate OST in your system

To locate an OST file in your system, follow the below-mentioned steps:

· Open Control Panel and click on Mail.

· Select Email Accounts in the “Mail Setup” dialogue box.

· Now, go to the Data Files tab and select the desired account.

· Click on Open File Location to know the location of the OST file.

· The location of your PST file will be opened

Step 2- Convert OST to PST

In this step, you need to convert OST to PST. Though you can export OST mailbox data to PST using the Export feature of Outlook and you can use any third party OST to PST Converter.

#Aafiyasartaj, Sep 15, 2020
  4. theJesus Win User

How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

Outlook PST File Problem

Good to hear it's OK now; I'll remember that solution for future reference.
    I thought that limit was raised to like 18gb in Outlook 2003 or something ridiculous like that?

edit: MS KB article discussing pst and ost size limits. According to that, 2003 and 2007 have a default limit of 20gb and 2010 is 50gb. Notice those are default, they can be changed in the registry.

theJesus, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

1. How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt - Similar Threads - find Outlook ost

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  5. Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue: I have a new computer (windows 10) and installed Office Professional Plus 2019 with no problem, except Outlook with multiple issues. Clicked on the Outlook icon to start the setup process, it went great as it found my account and showed all my folders in the side bar that I...
  6. Exchange OST to PST Converter

Exchange OST to PST Converter: One of the best and interesting software is here which is known as OST to PST Converter. This application made up by using the rich algorithm and the best technology Using it you can convert your data into several multiple files format like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX,...
  7. Review: Kernel for OST to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Kernel for OST to PST: Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail,...
  8. Review: Kernel for OST to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Kernel for OST to PST: Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail,...
  9. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  10. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .ost seen in command line