Windows 10: How to find program on computer?

Discus and support How to find program on computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Aug 24, 2020.

1. How to find program on computer?

I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page in Settings.

It's Logitech SetPoint 6.69. I used it when I installed it and want to make changes but I can't find it in the Cortina search function.

It's also listed on the "Uninstall or Change a program" page in Programs and Features. The computer can't find it by searching for it, so how do I access it?

Any suggestions, please?

Larry

:)

larrydonline, Aug 24, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 24, 2020
  4. How to find program on computer?

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

How to find program on computer?

1. How to find program on computer? - Similar Threads - find program computer

2. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  3. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  4. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  5. How to find program on computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find program on computer?: I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page in Settings. It's Logitech SetPoint 6.69. I used it when I installed it and want to make changes but I can't find it in...
  6. How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset: After performing a reset on my computer, the promised list of removed programs from the reset is not present. I saw a locked thread from 2015 that had this same unsolved problem, unfortunate that it hasn't been solved yet So I performed a computer reset after some drivers...
  7. How do I find Programs files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find Programs files: Obviously I can search my files directory, but doesn't seem to work. I can also right click the program and "Open file location," but that doesn't show me all the files are on my PC. I'am really good with computers and good with Apples filing system, but have been having...
  8. How to Find Computer Pass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Find Computer Pass: when i got this computer in 2013 i set it up with password, and used that password regularly. Then Win10 came out, pc updated, asked for a new pass, and i been using that pass since whenever that was. Ive forgotten the original pass and the paperwork that everything was...
  9. How do i find a list of my programs on computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i find a list of my programs on computer?: Where are they located? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-list-of-my-programs-on-computer/d579fec3-52fb-4acc-943e-c3a268b8a663"
  10. how do I find the All programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I find the All programs: where is all programs are https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-all-programs/f7471dd6-337a-4f11-8725-d25e3221845e