Windows 10: How to find registry keys?

Discus and support How to find registry keys? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there some sort of search bar in regedit? Not the adress bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 2, 2021.

1. How to find registry keys?

Is there some sort of search bar in regedit? Not the adress bar.

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Feb 2, 2021
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Feb 2, 2021
  4. How to find registry keys?

Error Removing Registry Key?

If it is not causing you any issues i would suggest for you you not alter the Registry.

Altering the Registry in any form of way may cause your Operating System to stop responding and or functioning.

Frank N St31n, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

How to find registry keys?

1. How to find registry keys? - Similar Threads - find registry keys

2. Registry Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Key: hello, I'm wondering if this value found in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows is normal.the value name is "Load" with the value data of "C:\Windows\System32\msn.exe, C:\Windows\System32\msh.exe"thank you...
  3. NOT ABLE TO FIND NI22H2 REGISTRY KEY ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOT ABLE TO FIND NI22H2 REGISTRY KEY ON WINDOWS 11: Hi all ! Hope you're doin' good !I recently came across some blogs on google suggesting ''how to see if your pc is eligible for win 11 22h2''Being a win11 user , I wanted to use the method , and it says to go check the following path in...
  4. NOT ABLE TO FIND NI22H2 REGISTRY KEY ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NOT ABLE TO FIND NI22H2 REGISTRY KEY ON WINDOWS 11: Hi all ! Hope you're doin' good !I recently came across some blogs on google suggesting ''how to see if your pc is eligible for win 11 22h2''Being a win11 user , I wanted to use the method , and it says to go check the following path in...
  5. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  6. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  7. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry key: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  8. Registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry key: How do I fix requested registry key not allowed in msi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key/62df446d-c4af-49b0-b902-eb1898ce55b5
  9. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. How to find registry keys for Windows Japanese Keyboard Settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find registry keys for Windows Japanese Keyboard Settings?: I want to add Japanese keyboard for that i need to do specific settings for the keyboard. I want to find the registry keys for some of the settings like after installing the Japanese language there is option for 1. "Display Input mode at center of screen" 2. "Convert words...