Windows 10: How to find remote connections

Discus and support How to find remote connections in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help here. My stepdad just called me to get help with his laptop, but I am not a Windows user, so I am not sure how to help him.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JeighPike, Jun 9, 2020.

1. How to find remote connections

Hoping someone can help here. My stepdad just called me to get help with his laptop, but I am not a Windows user, so I am not sure how to help him.

Apparently, he was having issues with his WiFi, so he took his laptop to a local repair shop, and the guy setup some form of remote connection to be able to access the computer without my stepdad having to bring it in, in case he had any further issues.

My stepdad was not informed of this until he was picking his computer up, and does not feel comfortable with it, which is understandable.

So my question is this: is there a way to see how this guy set this up, and disable it?

submitted by /u/JeighPike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JeighPike, Jun 9, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User

help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

How to find remote connections

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

How to find remote connections

1. How to find remote connections - Similar Threads - find remote connections

2. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  4. Connecting remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting remotely: I want to connect to my work computer from home. How do I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-remotely/29f13616-a45b-4af8-bc39-db7442d0df22
  5. Connecting remotely

Connecting remotely: I want to connect to my work computer from home. How do I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-remotely/29f13616-a45b-4af8-bc39-db7442d0df22
  6. Connecting Remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Remotely: I am trying to connect to my work computer from home. Do I need to have Windows 11 on my home computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-remotely/d903faf9-2584-45d3-8e11-5881ac2e46c5
  7. Connecting Remotely

Connecting Remotely: I am trying to connect to my work computer from home. Do I need to have Windows 11 on my home computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-remotely/d903faf9-2584-45d3-8e11-5881ac2e46c5
  8. How to enable Find My Device remotely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Find My Device remotely?: Hello evsryone, I’m hoping someome can help with this. My laptop is missing - I believe it was stolen out of my truck. I logged in to my microsoft account here and Find My Device on my desktop is active and working - it shows it here in my house. However, it says that this is...
  9. Remote connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote connection: How can I tell if someone else has turned on and is using Remote Access to my computer? If I find they have this turned on, how can I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-connection/7bb0d17f-0588-49e3-968e-475cb5909e2e"
  10. How to find out IP of remote computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find out IP of remote computer: I have a problem. I let my computer on at home for remote connection and now I'm trying to access it and it doesn't work. I assume that the IP address probably changed since it last did a remote connection. How do I find out the IP address of my remote computer if I don't...