Windows 10: How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10

Discus and support How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KAE_54, Jan 5, 2020.

1. KAE_54 Win User

How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10

:)

KAE_54, Jan 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Jan 5, 2020
  3. icon for brothers printer and scanner

I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions

JaniceCorrall, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Dave K B Win User

Adding my Scanner Icon to my Desktop

My scanner is installed correctly, but I can not get an icon to my desktop. I tried the Start-Settings- Printers and Scanners and found the scanner listed, but I can not 'right click' to add shortcut. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dave K B, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to find Scanner and printer icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find Scanner printer

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. Cant find printer icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find printer icon: I cannot find the Printer Icon on my computer to stop a document that's already in the queue. Can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-printer-icon/19fb56fe-c48d-43fe-a1c5-eed61920dda5
  5. printer/scanner windows 10

printer/scanner windows 10: i cannot get my scanner part of combo unit to perform in windows 12. keeps looping me to windows scan fails to recognise my combo unit has scan capability ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner-windows-10/4700bff4-f76c-4c5a-b166-b68026e575c2
  6. windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,

windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner,: windows 10 cannot find or install new printer, scanner. What next? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-find-or-install-new-printer/a8756f30-ad0d-4a3f-b1be-02a0d9274586
  7. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  8. Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it

Printer icon not in printer & scanner but I can print on it: Hello --- I just connected and installed the epson 4740 all in one printer using the epson software setup It seems that I can print to it from "notepad" and chrome, but I can't find an icon for it in the system settings for printers It is connected via the usb port...
  9. Windows 10 Problem with Printers & Scanners

Windows 10 Problem with Printers & Scanners: After rolling out the latest Windows update (1903), we can no longer manage our printers via Printers and Scanners (Under Settings). When we click on the Manage button, nothing happens. The highlighter simply goes to the next printer in line. Our printers are deployed...
  10. icon for brothers printer and scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon for brothers printer and scanner: I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-brothers-printer-and-scanner/6a922a25-07f4-4e47-9e18-dc8741020eb6