Windows 10: How to find Shutdown Error in LOG?

Discus and support How to find Shutdown Error in LOG? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All is working fine. However, the last 2 nights when I shutdown, an error comes up about accessing an instruction. It is so fast I can not read it. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Sep 4, 2016.

1. MPSAN Win User

How to find Shutdown Error in LOG?

All is working fine. However, the last 2 nights when I shutdown, an error comes up about accessing an instruction. It is so fast I can not read it. As I said, all seems OK, but wonder just what this error says and if there is a Program it is coming from. I tried looking at the event viewer but there is so much there I can not find what I want.

OHH...I found it! It says..
    Application popup: DDE Server Window: explorer.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x00007FF6EAFA90E2 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000030. The memory could not be written.

:)

MPSAN, Sep 4, 2016

2. How to find unexpected shutdown?

I first ran chkdsk on my D: drive when Win10 was running. No errors. I then ran it on C: drive and restarted my PC. I looked in the event file and see only one entry for chkdsk (event viewer, windows logs, application) and that's for the d: drive. I don't
    see one for c:. As it is a 2tB drive, it takes a long time to run and I wasn't at my PC the entire time so I can't be sure if an error came up.

MichaelGerbasio, Sep 4, 2016
  3. How to find unexpected shutdown?

Looking through the Application section of the event viewer I'm seeing CAPI2 EventID 513 errors. I googled it and I see references to TechNet and other posted solutions. Not sure what is causing the error or if it is something to worry about. I'm not running
    Symantec software as there were a couple of links to Norton A/V posted as an issue.

MichaelGerbasio, Sep 4, 2016
  4. tlathbury Win User

I'm getting the exact same error to the letter.........happening every since the recent big Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago. Did you find a solution ?

tlathbury, Sep 13, 2016
  5. MPSAN Win User
    No...it went away, then comes back sometimes and mine, too, started after an update!

MPSAN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to find Shutdown Error in LOG? - Similar Threads - find Shutdown Error

2. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  3. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  4. Shutdown problem. logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  5. Shutdown problem. logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  6. How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Finding out the last time the PC was correctly turned off or booted up is the way to start for troubleshooting many Windows issues. Another […] This article How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing: I using windows 10 pro I accidentali turned off the log on;log off and shutdown sound in registry What to do? Any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shutdownlog-onlog-off-is-not-hearing/228d2cab-0c3f-4cc7-a1ef-04fb92053f83
  8. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  9. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server...
  10. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...