Windows 10: how to find the app causing the blinking screen.

Discus and support how to find the app causing the blinking screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried all the ways I can find what is causing my screen to blink with I open pdf or docs. My task manager does not blink. The last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NancyResetar, Mar 28, 2020.

1. how to find the app causing the blinking screen.

Hi,

I have tried all the ways I can find what is causing my screen to blink with I open pdf or docs. My task manager does not blink. The last suggestion was to find an app that is causing this to happen. I have read the directions many times and tried to find the app many times but can not.

I need someone to give me better directions to find the app. I go to the apps and there is nothing there to suggest which app it could be.

thank you

Nancy

:)

NancyResetar, Mar 28, 2020

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 28, 2020
  3. zornhau Win User
    Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu

Hi - Bizzarro problem with Windows 10. Help appreciated!

In any account, including Administrator ones AND the Administrator account:

• If I right-click a desktop shortcut, the screen blinks black. No sign of the context menu.
    • If I locate an .exe in its folder and right-click that, the screen blinks black. The folder closes. No context menu.

Related, perhaps:
    • In a Standard account, if I try to turn down the UAC settings (so my son can use Steam without me logging him in each time), the Windows accepts my administrator password, then ignores my changes.

Notes
    • I have recorded the blink and played it back frame by frame. No message or anything appears. The screen merely goes black.
    • Windows 10 otherwise seems to work fine.
    • I have done virus scans etc.

All this makes it very hard to set up Standard accounts that are any use. Any help would be appreciated.

zornhau, Mar 28, 2020
  4. how to find the app causing the blinking screen.

Upgrade of Windows 10 causing blinking screen

Hi Paula,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to boot to safe mode using an installation media and try the steps suggested above.

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website

• Download the media creation tool and then run it.

• Select Create installation media for another PC.

• Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).

• Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

• Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

• On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.

• Select Repair your computer.

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there,
      Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

-After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in
      Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

how to find the app causing the blinking screen.

1. how to find the app causing the blinking screen. - Similar Threads - find app causing

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. blinking of screen while drawing in Microsoft apps

blinking of screen while drawing in Microsoft apps: hello when ever I'm using pen tool/ drawing in Microsoft apps like word, one note my laptop screen is blinking , I've tried all options but it is not solved. even i tried options - advanced -pen use pen to select..... . ,but it didn't work my screen is still blinking. what...
  5. blinking of screen while drawing in Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blinking of screen while drawing in Microsoft apps: hello when ever I'm using pen tool/ drawing in Microsoft apps like word, one note my laptop screen is blinking , I've tried all options but it is not solved. even i tried options - advanced -pen use pen to select..... . ,but it didn't work my screen is still blinking. what...
  6. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  7. Screen Blinking

Screen Blinking: Hello, I am recently facing a problem with windows 10 pen settings. First I noticed when I took a screenshot and like drew a line my screen blinked and after a few days I saw this problem in One note and handwriting panel even. When I write with the pen using a mouse or...
  8. Screen blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blink: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens...
  9. blinking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    blinking screen: Hey ya'll I had a problem with my pc (windows 10) It had an error 655335, I tried to restart it in safe mode but when I selected f5 and pressed entered the screen started blinking white and blue alternatly and it has been doing that ever since. Plzzzzz help I confused *Sad...
  10. Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu: Hi - Bizzarro problem with Windows 10. Help appreciated! In any account, including Administrator ones AND the Administrator account: If I right-click a desktop shortcut, the screen blinks black. No sign of the context menu. If I locate an .exe in its folder and...