Windows 10: How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset

Discus and support How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After performing a reset on my computer, the promised list of removed programs from the reset is not present. I saw a locked thread from 2015 that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrahamS169, Aug 8, 2020.

1. How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset

After performing a reset on my computer, the promised list of removed programs from the reset is not present.

I saw a locked thread from 2015 that had this same unsolved problem, unfortunate that it hasn't been solved yet

So I performed a computer reset after some drivers decided to quit and wouldn't be persuaded to work.

The success/failure of the reset on the drivers notwithstanding, a crucial part of the reset process wws that it gave me a list of the programs that I would be losing as a part of resetting my laptop. The message indicated in that step that there would be a list of said programs, directly on my desktop, after I had reset it. If it hadn't said that, I probably would have written some of them down so I remembered which ones to redownload.

I reset my computer, I saw a lot of things were gone when I started it anew expected, and I saw no new file on my desktop unexpected. In the previous thread I found, one of the comments suggested going to Users/*username*/desktop , but there is no such navigation available to me and it appears that my desktop is directly under the C: storage.

It feels rather hopeless at this point, but is there any way I can find what programs I had? I've tried searching the computer for 'removed apps' and 'removed programs' and no luck so far. This is really quite frustrating, and I wish they would have instead told me to write down my most important programs just in case, or something, instead of allowing me to blindly assume that the reset would do what it said it would do.

:)

GrahamS169, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Jace_Face Win User

Redeeming Code not working for Fable Legends

Hi

I've received a closed beta key for fable legends, and every time I to download/redeem the code, the following screen pops up and says "You are not logged in please login"

• I have made sure I was logged in with the same email that I've received the beta key on.
    • I've logged out logged back in.
    • Manually went to app store, redeem a code, clicked on the user on the top right sign out/sign in, reenter.
    • Restarted my computer.
    • Followed the step by step instructions on the Fable Site Forum for downloading and troubleshooting
    • Etc...

I'm just getting frustrated now. I don't know if it's the code or just the redemption program.

Jace_Face, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Fable Legends - Windows 10 download folder?

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to uninstall the Fable Legends game filessoftware from the programs and features option under Control panel Window.

Let's try to follow these steps to uninstall the Fable Legends game files
    software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall
    the Fable Legends game files software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset

How to remove all programs and files

Hi,

To quickly remove all programs and files on your PC, we recommend that you
    Reset your PC
    . Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To reset your PC, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started.
    • Choose an option whether to Keep your files or Remove everything.

For more information about how to reset your PC, refer to the Reset this PC section in the following link:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset

1. How to find the fabled 'removed programs' file after computer reset - Similar Threads - find fabled 'removed

2. programs to remove programs/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs to remove programs/files: how can I open programs to delete or completely stop the program, program files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-to-remove-programsfiles/8f23a565-5e9d-471c-962b-78949271861b
  3. Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam: Fable 1 and Fable Anniversary have been on Steam for awhile now but still no sign of Fable 2 or Fable 3. Please Microsoft Publishers add them to steam. The Fable games are my favorite games of all time and I really want to be able to play them on handheld. I will gladly pay...
  4. Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam

Fable 2 and Fable 3 on Steam: Fable 1 and Fable Anniversary have been on Steam for awhile now but still no sign of Fable 2 or Fable 3. Please Microsoft Publishers add them to steam. The Fable games are my favorite games of all time and I really want to be able to play them on handheld. I will gladly pay...
  5. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?: Hi everyone,I wanted to free up some space in my SSD and move the files to my d drive. I moved the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" to my d drive by dragging them, Now I found out that they are important to run windows and can make my computer a brick if I mess up. So...
  6. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?: Hi everyone,I wanted to free up some space in my SSD and move the files to my d drive. I moved the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" to my d drive by dragging them, Now I found out that they are important to run windows and can make my computer a brick if I mess up. So...
  7. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

8. How to find program on computer?

How to find program on computer?: I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page in Settings. It's Logitech SetPoint 6.69. I used it when I installed it and want to make changes but I can't find it in...
  9. How to find program on computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find program on computer?: I'm puzzled over why I can't find a program by searching, no matter what words I use, although the program is plainly there on the Apps & Features page in Settings. It's Logitech SetPoint 6.69. I used it when I installed it and want to make changes but I can't find it in...
  10. FABLE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FABLE!: Microsoft should release the fable game editors/engines for 1 2 and 3 with a fable 2 pc port for steam. Also the early Fable Ego builds would be so amazing do it!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fable/22a05482-59d8-41df-bada-eeb113eec434