Windows 10: How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool?

Discus and support How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to find the Gateway recovery program to use it to reinstall all my drivers, but all the information only seems to apply to Windows Vista or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brofenloch, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool?

I'm trying to find the Gateway recovery program to use it to reinstall all my drivers, but all the information only seems to apply to Windows Vista or Windows 7, whereas I have Windows 10 although my PC is that old that it came with Vista built in. Similarly, when I go to the driver download page for Gateway, they only seem to support Windows XP and Vista. Will those drivers still be compatible? I'm tired of my PC becoming 50% slower and constantly rebooting itself. Gateway no longer has email support and it doesn't recognize my SNID so it won't let me do tech support chat either.

:)

Brofenloch, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

Handy OS X Tools and Apps

You should add VLC to that list. Plays most anything, except WMV/WMA.

And are we sticking to free tools? Cause I have suggestions for some that cost money, but are well worth it IMHO.

Wile E, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Limited Connectivity Win 10 (Deafult Gateway Not Avaliable)

Hi John,

This could be an issue with the network configuration for the Ethernet connection on the computer due to incorrect gateway setting as compared to the default gateway.

Is there any third party security software installed on the computer?

Check for the network IP and compare it to the default gateway IP. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and R key and type cmd. Hit Enter. Type “ipconfig/all” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Check if the default gateway IP and the network IP (IPV4 or more appropriately IPV6). (Refer to the description provided above in context of the IP matchup).

To troubleshoot the issue further, I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it finds and fixes any issues with the network settings. Follow the methods:

Method 1: Reset the IP configuration and check if it fixes the issue for us. Follow the steps:

• PressWindows and R key together and type cmd. HitEnter.

• Type the following commands and hit Enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip stop

netsh int ip start

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Mar 18, 2020
  4. How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool?

snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool?

1. How to find the Gateway eRecovery tool? - Similar Threads - find Gateway eRecovery

2. Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway laptop stuck on gateway screen help: My Gateway laptop was running on windows 10. Windows ran some updates. Its now unable to get passed the Gateway screen.In bios I tried disabling csm supportdisabling secure boot modechanging the boot order to prioritize the usbI have tried using windows 10 creating bootable...
  3. how to find media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find media creation tool: I want to uninstall windows 11 and reinstall windows 10. I was told to find the media creation tool to download 10 into my flash drive, then wipe 11 out of laptop and install 10 from flash drive. Where do I find media creation tool and do this?...
  4. how to find media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find media creation tool: I want to uninstall windows 11 and reinstall windows 10. I was told to find the media creation tool to download 10 into my flash drive, then wipe 11 out of laptop and install 10 from flash drive. Where do I find media creation tool and do this?...
  5. how to find media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can't find Windows Install Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Windows Install Tool: Hi There - I am trying to install a bootable USB - all I can seem to find on their website is the ISO... I was under the impression Win10 has a tool that builds the bootable usb for you. I was just going to grab an ISO and throw it in etcher but it is complaining about the...
  7. how to turn on default gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to turn on default gateway: I keep losing my wifi connection with an error message "default gateway not available" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-default-gateway/9683953f-cf93-458c-8303-673750e339f8
  8. Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows: Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows We have covered many ways that you can save space on your Storage Drive over the years, firstly by recently discussing how to manually go through big files and test cleanup utilities, your files Reset windows to the default...
  9. The default gateway is not available - how to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The default gateway is not available - how to fix: Hello Last night I upgraded to windows 10, and it's causing issues, rather than make life easier unfortunately. Basically, I turn my PC on and I have internet and can browse for a while, then it'll stop working after about 2 minutes it says no internet, secured at this...
  10. How to change the Default Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the Default Gateway: I am trying to connect to a file server on my LAN, but it is on a different Default Gateway than I am on. I have searched on how to change my Default Gateway, but I can't find anything. Can someone help me? My computer is a Windows 10....