Windows 10: How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

Discus and support How to: Find the installation date of an operating system in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory, if you have missed this part when an Operating System was installed, here’s a PowerShell solution to that.

Open PowerShell as admin
    Type $osdate = get-wmiobject win32_operatingsystem
    Type $osdate.ConvertToDateTime($os.InstallDate) -f "MM/dd/yyyy"

This will give you the date when the Operating System was installed

On the other hand, if you wish to go through registry yourself, browse to the location below

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

The result is in timestamp, so you need to convert it with this link.

(17)

read more...

2. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Jun 21, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 21, 2018
  4. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

1. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system - Similar Threads - Find installation date

2. A Question on how to install operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question on how to install operating system: I am using windows right now on an ssd but I want to download windows on my 892 GB hdd as well but I do not know how Would u mind sending the step by step guide for laptop as I am using a laptop...
  3. A Question on how to install operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question on how to install operating system: I am using windows right now on an ssd but I want to download windows on my 892 GB hdd as well but I do not know how Would u mind sending the step by step guide for laptop as I am using a laptop...
  4. A Question on how to install operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot find operating system! After installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find operating system! After installing Ubuntu: Hello,I tried to install ubuntu on a second hard drive, at first, it failed but then it worked. However, whenever I try to boot windows 10, I get the message "No operating system was found". I don't know what I messed up, but I think while creating the partitions for ubuntu I...
  6. Cannot find operating system! After installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find operating system! After installing Ubuntu: Hello,I tried to install ubuntu on a second hard drive, at first, it failed but then it worked. However, whenever I try to boot windows 10, I get the message "No operating system was found". I don't know what I messed up, but I think while creating the partitions for ubuntu I...
  7. Cannot find operating system! After installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How To install An Operating System

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To install An Operating System: Whenever I open my pc it shows "an operating system was not found " i have ubuntu in my penderive so how can i install ubuntu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-an-operating-system/95393385-11cf-4bba-9e62-feb2ff816ea0
  9. Can't find Operating System

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find Operating System: I am running Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18 on separate partitions. When I start the laptop I get a screen saying 'Cannot find operating system' with a button to shutdown. When I restart holding f12 to choose a boot disk I kit enter for the internal hard disk. This will load grub...
  10. can't find operating system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't find operating system: Tried to clean hard drive for another family member to use an old computer. Now no operating system was found. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-operating-system/d7294bc7-2652-4b0b-ac2f-462016d8e828"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find operating system install date

2. operating system install date

3. list operating system out of date

4. date operating system installed,
  5. operating system installation date check,
  6. how to know operation system installation date,
  7. date windows operating system,
  8. date operating system installed windows,
  9. find system install date,
  10. date operating system modified windows,
  11. check operating system install date,