How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

Discus and support How to: Find the installation date of an operating system in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory, if you have missed this part when an Operating System was installed, here’s a PowerShell solution to that.

Open PowerShell as admin
    Type $osdate = get-wmiobject win32_operatingsystem
    Type $osdate.ConvertToDateTime($os.InstallDate) -f "MM/dd/yyyy"

This will give you the date when the Operating System was installed

On the other hand, if you wish to go through registry yourself, browse to the location below

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

The result is in timestamp, so you need to convert it with this link.

(17)

read more...

2. John Phoenix Win User

need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Jun 21, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system - Similar Threads - Find installation date

2. Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4: Hi, My Surface Pro 4 has been stuck in a uefi boot loop. I have researched and attempted the USB install method using the microsoft tool. I have gotten as far as the windows where to install screen and there are no storage drives being detected. I’m stuck on this and...
  3. Where to find installation download for Windows Live MailInn

in Browsers and Email
    Where to find installation download for Windows Live MailInn: Hi need to reinstall and recover Windows Live Mail to be able to convert thereafter to other mail system. does anybody know where a downloadable installation file for Live Mail for windows 10 still can be found? 95265
  4. how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to find out if certain updates are installed on my computer: I am trying to find out if a critical update from Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010-Critical Security Update for Microsoft Windows SMB Server (4013389) published March 14, 2017 version 1.0 was installed on my computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build...
  5. Video codec installed - how to find out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video codec installed - how to find out: I have a problem with playing videos for some video types, in Google Picasa, it works well in one system but not the other, despite, I think, I have installed all the correct and identical codecs in both. So I was wondering if I did install identical set of codecs. Is...
  6. OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OC GURU 2 Cant find installation package error!: Why am i getting this error.i will reinstall oc guru 2 as many times as i want then either straight away on the next restart or eventually it will come up with an error saying it cant find gigabyte oc guru 2.msi installation package 107106
  7. Features for Windows 10 1703 Where to find to install on a USB stick.

Features for Windows 10 1703 Where to find to install on a USB stick.: Features for Windows 10 1703 Where to find to install on a USB stick. Due to my very slow broadband speed (3 Mbps [shared]) I can go to a local cafeteria and download it quicker, and install it via USB. Thanks in Anticipation!! 82158
  8. My current windows 10 installation wont find my new m.2 drive at but..

My current windows 10 installation wont find my new m.2 drive at but..: i just got a new M.2 drive for my desktop. my current setup is a 100gb 2.5" SSD with my system on it and a 1Tb HDD with the data. I want to transfer windows over from the old 100 gb SSD to my new 256gb m.2 but this windows installation cant see my m.2 for nothing. no device...
  9. Find date I installed?

Find date I installed?: I upgraded from W7 to W10 last month. Is there any way to tell the exact date? I'm having some horrible problems due to a missing user file. If I have a backup of one program that was made before I upgraded, I can just reinstall the program and all is well. If I don't, per...
  10. Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows 10 Original Install Date and Time: Though there's "original" and there's "original." If someone originally started with 8.0 and have since upgraded to 8.1 (or 10), this command will only reflect the date you went to 8.1 (or 10). The only way that I've found to find the "original" date is to look in...