Windows 10: How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

Discus and support How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"? I installed it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nuraman00, Oct 13, 2019.

1. nuraman00 Win User

How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"?

I installed it from the Windows app store.

I know how to launch it from Windows 10. And if I've already downloaded the file, I know how to open the .heic file using this app.

But when I open a picture from a web browser (instead of downloading it), such as Firefox, it asks me which program to open the HEIC file from. I then have to browse for the installation directory of this app, and look for the executable.

But I can't find the installation directory, nor the executable.

:)

nuraman00, Oct 13, 2019

2. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Oct 13, 2019
  4. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

1. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory? - Similar Threads - find installation directory

2. Kindle for PC Installation and launch directory location change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle for PC Installation and launch directory location change.: Hi there, I don't like desktop shortcuts for various reasons, but I am finding I can't move the Amazon Kindle for PC app launch icon from the desktop without it pseudo-uninstalling the app completely, so that when you try and launch the Kindle app from the start menu it goes...
  3. Kindle for PC Installation and launch directory location change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle for PC Installation and launch directory location change.: Hi there, I don't like desktop shortcuts for various reasons, but I am finding I can't move the Amazon Kindle for PC app launch icon from the desktop without it pseudo-uninstalling the app completely, so that when you try and launch the Kindle app from the start menu it goes...
  4. Kindle for PC Installation and launch directory location change.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows installation directory

Windows installation directory: How do I install Windows to a custom directory instead of the default \Windows directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-directory/4ac13895-5be9-4948-a961-d0a77ac96738
  6. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation directory: How do I install Windows to a custom directory instead of the default \Windows directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-directory/4ac13895-5be9-4948-a961-d0a77ac96738
  7. Windows installation directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation directory: I'm currently performing a clean install or Windows on a new HDD. How do I install Windows to a custom directory for example, "\Windows11" instead of the default "\Windows" directory?...
  8. Windows installation directory

Windows installation directory: I'm currently performing a clean install or Windows on a new HDD. How do I install Windows to a custom directory for example, "\Windows11" instead of the default "\Windows" directory?...
  9. How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the installation directory or executable launch directory?: How do I find the installation directory or executable launch directory of "Pictures Opener - Heic Supported Including Convert"? I installed it from the Windows app store. I know how to launch it from Windows 10. And if I've already downloaded the file, I know how to open...
  10. Edge installation directory ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge installation directory ?: hello guys, anyone know where is the Edge installed? I want to make some keyboard shortcuts on my macro keys, but I cant find the Edge location to link the program. 17884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find a executable installation directory