Windows 10: how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

Discus and support how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have recently install ssd but not able to find the data such as photos videos in my old drive can u help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shubham soni2, Dec 3, 2023.

1. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

i have recently install ssd but not able to find the data such as photos videos in my old drive can u help me

:)

shubham soni2, Dec 3, 2023
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd :)

dhdude, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Brian App Win User
    new ssd, installed win 10, first in boot order but still boots from old hard drive.

I have a pc with a standard hard drive running windows 10 just fine. I got a new SSD. I unplugged all the hard drives, installed the SSD and installed windows 10 on it. I would boot just fine. I then plugged the old hard drive back in thinking I
    could switch between these boot drives using the bios boot order. I was able to switch back to booting from the hard drive but now when I change the boot order to the ssd first it always skips over it and boots the from the second option which is the old
    hard drive. I thought hard drive data was just data and the bios could choose which drive to boot from but it doesn't. I can see that the old hard drive is listed as active in disk management. It seems like windows will mark only one hard drive as active
    and the bios must boot from that no matter what the boot order is. Is that how it works? Is there a way to switch between booting from either drive without opening up the pc and unplugging the other drive each time?

Brian App, Dec 3, 2023
  4. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

1. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd - Similar Threads - find old hard

2. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd: i have recently install ssd but not able to find the data such as photos videos in my old drive can u help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-old-hard-drive-data-such-as-photos/d42016b4-ceab-42db-b4e8-5eed44c943e1
  3. how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to find the old hard drive data such as photos apps after installing ssd: i have recently install ssd but not able to find the data such as photos videos in my old drive can u help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-the-old-hard-drive-data-such-as-photos/d42016b4-ceab-42db-b4e8-5eed44c943e1
  4. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  5. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.: My 1tb hdd got corrupted a few days ago, I decided to unplug it to prevent further damage while I got a replacement to transfer the data that wasn't lost. Windows is installed in a ssd so I used the disk manager to disconnect my hdd and then I unplug it from my pc after...
  6. How to erase old data from my ssd that routes to hard drive that it's not longer plug.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.

How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.: My old Acer Desktop with Windows 10 died peacefully. I removed the hard drive from it and have a hard drive dock. When I plug in the dock, I see the following see image below. My question is where are my photos? How can I find them? I want to transfer them to my new computer....
  8. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?: I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two methods.1 Go to Settings/System/Storage/Change where new content is saved. Here you can choose what types of files saved to...
  9. How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive: I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop windows 10, however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users'' folder. Any suggestions?...
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows 10 on SSD & Data on Hard Drive: I have Windows 7 on a SSD and my User files, programs, and data on a 1TB hard drive. I plan on doing a clean install and want to keep the same setup. Do I need to format the hard drive also? If not, how do I install Win 10 & put the User files on the hard drive? 56289