Windows 10: How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

Discus and support How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DuyPham2k2, Mar 25, 2023.

1. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to access my recovery key. I tried to bypass the Bitlocker screen but to no avail. What can I do?

:)

DuyPham2k2, Mar 25, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 25, 2023
  4. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

1. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - find recovery key

2. how doi find Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how doi find Bitlocker recovery key: how doi find Bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-doi-find-bitlocker-recovery-key/b19f0445-209c-4c8d-abf9-af825e73bbc5
  3. how doi find Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how doi find Bitlocker recovery key: how doi find Bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-doi-find-bitlocker-recovery-key/b19f0445-209c-4c8d-abf9-af825e73bbc5
  4. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  5. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  6. How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?

How to find the recovery key for the Bitlocker?: I was prompted to restart and update my laptop, and when I did so, the Bitlocker screen popped up. Now, this would be easy to fix if my account was uncompromised, but it's actually not the case. My email in the Microsoft account was changed to @rambler.ru, so I had no way to...
  7. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?: Today when I booted my Dell Latitude it displayed the blue "BitLocker recovery" screen. I do not have a copy. In fact I do not recall installing or authorizing installation of BilLocker. I looked at my Microsoft account with a Microsoft support rep on the line but we could...
  8. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?: Today when I booted my Dell Latitude it displayed the blue "BitLocker recovery" screen. I do not have a copy. In fact I do not recall installing or authorizing installation of BilLocker. I looked at my Microsoft account with a Microsoft support rep on the line but we could...
  9. How to find BitLocker key with Recovery Key ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Find Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find Bitlocker Recovery Key: My HP Laptop did an upgrade and is now asking me for the Bitlocker Recovery key - I wasn't expecting this to happen so wasn't prepared with my key and now can't locate my paper copy. I have logged in to account.microsoft.com and that device is not on there but my other...