Windows 10: How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Manufacturers keep track of a specific device by the Service Tag, which is unique for each system. Here is how you can find the Service Tag on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop

Manufacturers keep track of a specific device by the Service Tag, which is unique for each system. Here is how you can find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop so that you can get better assistance while contacting customer support.

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop service-tag-windows-laptop.jpg

Nowadays, there are tons of laptops from different manufacturers, and it is important for every manufacturer to keep a record of each system they produce. Most laptop manufacturers use a simple thing called Service Tag, which enables them to view what hardware your laptop has to offer better assistance.

If you want to find this service tag, there are several methods you can follow. From PowerShell or Command Prompt – both tools can let you find the tag if it got scratched out from under the laptop.

To find the Service tag on a Windows 10 laptop, follow these steps-

1. Find it under the laptop
    2. Find Service tag using Windows PowerShell
    3. Find Service tag using Command Prompt
    4. Check BIOS.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

1] Find it under the laptop

Every manufacturer put a sticker under the laptop containing the service tag. It can be a combination of English letters or digits and letters. You may find the service tag as S/N, which represents Serial Number. In other words, the service tag and serial number are the same, and if you have already got the serial number, there is no need to look for the service tag.

If the sticker under your laptop has been damaged for some reason, you can use the Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell to get the same job done. A simple command can get you the service tag or serial number that you are looking for.

2] Find Service tag using Windows PowerShell

To get started, press Win+X to open the menu and choose Windows PowerShell. Then, enter the following command-

wmic bios get serialnumber

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop find-service-tag-windows-10-laptop.png

It shows the result immediately. If needed, you can copy the serial number from there and use it in the future.

Says Jose Deras, you can also use this:

Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS SerialNumber | select SerialNumber
    3] Find Service tag using Command Prompt

As said earlier, it is possible to use the Command Prompt to find the service tag on Windows 10 laptop. For that, search for “cmd” in the Taskbar search box, and click on the individual result to open Command Prompt. Then, enter this command-

wmic bios get serialnumber

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop find-service-tag-windows-10-laptop-1.png

Like PowerShell, Command Prompt shows the serial number the same way.

4] Check BIOS

Apart from these methods, you can use BIOS to find the serial number. However, there is no guarantee whether your motherboard manufacturer has included that option or not. If they did, you could restart your computer, press F12 to open the BIOS screen, and find the service tag.

That’s all! Hope this helped.

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop service-tag-windows-laptop.jpg
    This article How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 23, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to find the Service Tag on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - find Service Tag

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?: How to get File Explorer to show tags of PowerPoint file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-tags-column-how-to-fix/aad2a3cd-6926-4f24-9252-6bd2152dc5b4
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?: How to get File Explorer to show tags of PowerPoint file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-tags-column-how-to-fix/aad2a3cd-6926-4f24-9252-6bd2152dc5b4
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Tags Column how to fix Tags not showing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a...

How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a...: How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a ‘Microphone’ MIC with Windows 10 ‘Photos’ app- to use the ‘MIC’ to add TAGS to the Microsoft ‘Photo’? For years, Apple, Google, Facebook and others allow you to add searchable TAGS to photo's...
  6. Tagging photos in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging photos in windows 10: Hi I used the photo app in windows 10 to tag people in my pictures. It worked great except, it doesn't tag every pictures. Since it doesn't, I wanted to tag some manually. I found that I can tag manually by going into pictures files. So I did that, EXCEPT the tags don't...
  7. Windows 10 inspiron 7573 service tag: 8GCZCL2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 inspiron 7573 service tag: 8GCZCL2: I'm trying to Factory Reset my laptop but it wont let me it says to insert Media which idk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-inspiron-7573-service-tag-8gczcl2/2568e0fd-e291-4dcb-8f98-516962bce336
  8. How to find and tag People in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    How to find and tag People in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Photos App allows its users to find and tag people. It is a useful way of keeping your photos organized. So, if you would like to know he process of finding and tagging people in Windows 10 [...] This post How to find and tag People in Windows...
  9. [Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10

[Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10: I have been searching for a way to tag folders in Windows 10 in order to organize my folders containing pictures and documents. Being unable to find a suitable solution, I ended up building a simple tool for myself using the resources available on Internet. All I needed was...
  10. How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to find/backup Windows 10 on a laptop: I've just bought an Asus Win 10 laptop and noticed that there is no CD-key at the bottom and the laptop does not prompt me to make a recovery disc. How do I backup my windows copy if I need to reformat or if the HD becomes corrupt? The last laptop I bought in 2013 had a key....