Windows 10: How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to find the time it takes for an app to start from the time the app icon is clicked on Start Menu or Task bar in Windows 10? Actually, they start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chdslv, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Chdslv Win User

How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10?

How to find the time it takes for an app to start from the time the app icon is clicked on Start Menu or Task bar in Windows 10?

Actually, they start practically immediately, but I'd like to know, how to check the time it takes. Thanks!

:)

Chdslv, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 9, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to find the time it takes for an app to start in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - find takes app

2. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  3. NSI service taking a long time to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSI service taking a long time to start: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504 My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen goes black for as much as 20 minutes. The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved during this time. Eventually the login...
  4. Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume: HP desktop i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41GHz 16GB RAM Win 10 Home While this computer has a good amount of RAM, it goes from restart to "severely congested/slow to resumefrom sleep" fairly quickly (a couple of days). Now I admit that my practice of keeping several workspaces...
  5. video taking very long time to start playing

video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...
  6. How to start an app at boot time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start an app at boot time?: I have a need to start an app ( e.g. notepad) as soon as a certain account is used to boot Windows 10. Can it be done and if so how? 8888
  7. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start: The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C:...
  8. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  9. Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset: Hi, folks. Everytime I press the rest button in my case and Windows (is supposed to) load, after Windows 10 icon, it gets black. Once it got black for a looong time and I had nothing more to do than reset settings. So, I lost all my applications register (I'm having to...
  10. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login: A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue: 1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services...