Windows 10: HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP

Discus and support HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Actually in many all in one desktops, some latest laptops comes with TPM 2.0 , As far as I knew there are different types of TPM , 1. Discrete TPM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 31, 2018.

1. HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP

Actually in many all in one desktops, some latest laptops comes with TPM 2.0 ,
    As far as I knew there are different types of TPM ,
    1. Discrete TPM
    2. Integrated TPM
    3. Firmware TPM
    4. Software TPM
    5. Virtual TPM
    How to find which type of TPM is installed on the machine.

Thanking you

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Oct 31, 2018

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Kei174 Win User

HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

Hi there! I'm here because I accidentally downloaded a malware and was suggested to reboot the laptop to get rid of it. I still do want to use the laptop afterwards and I've moved my documents and images onto a seperate device. The programmes i have installed, sadly no. So currently facing the same circumstances and so if the TPM is cleared, does this mean like the activation keys to softwares like MacAfee be cleared? Or like wifi passwords etc. Sorry I'm quite blur hahahahah.

Kei174, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP

1. HOW TO FIND THE TYPE OF TPM IS INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOP OR LAPTOP - Similar Threads - FIND TYPE TPM

2. How to find the FPP key installed on Windows 10 / 11 Laptop or Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find the FPP key installed on Windows 10 / 11 Laptop or Desktop: Hi,I am an IT Admin at an Organisation and trying to manage the Software inventory. We have some assembled desktops where we had installed windows and activated later using the FPP key.Issue is that we could not keep track of Windows installations.How can I get back the...
  3. How to find the FPP key installed on Windows 10 / 11 Laptop or Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the FPP key installed on Windows 10 / 11 Laptop or Desktop: Hi,I am an IT Admin at an Organisation and trying to manage the Software inventory. We have some assembled desktops where we had installed windows and activated later using the FPP key.Issue is that we could not keep track of Windows installations.How can I get back the...
  4. How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]

in Windows 10 News
    How To Install Windows 11 Without TPM [TPM 2.0 Bypass]: Eager to upgrade to Windows 11 and that too without TPM (trusted platform module)? You're not alone. There has been a lot of controversy regarding Microsoft's decision to restrict Windows 11 installation in machines that support TPM 2.0. While Microsoft is being adamant...
  5. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  6. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop: I currently own an Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop running Windows 10 at 64-bit and to update it to Windows 11, I need the TPM module enabled. I have scoured the net and have found various pages telling me how to enable this, but I cannot see the option in my BIOS. I also can't find...
  7. Cannot Find TPM Module for my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Tpm driver cannot find???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tpm driver cannot find???: I ran thisTPM disabled??Then is this wrong???Then to avoid the confusion i thought of reinstalling TPM from device manager But i get this errorPlease help Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-driver-cannot-find/a71efbd1-b47c-4b0a-8422-6476c7ab58f2
  9. How to install TPM 2.0 in an 1.2 Version of TPM.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to install TPM 2.0 in an 1.2 Version of TPM.: Hello, I am Muhammad Ali Tahir. I am using "IntelR CoreTM i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.50 GHz" PC of the DELL company. No driver is available from the DELL. So, can any person help me switching from 1.2 to 2.0 Version of TMP. If TPM is installed, I will be eligible to install...
  10. Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Won't Find Band Type 5GHz: Dear MSCS Why Won't My Devices Connect to the Hotspot in 5GHz It is the first time that I noticed the affects of what changing the Gigahertz Band did a few weeks ago from finding it. I gladly use a phone to make a wifi connection to my other devices. This phone is a...