Windows 10: How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

Discus and support How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We used to be able to see the versions of the important WD files in the Security Centre. In Windows 10 1809, build 17763.316, I can't find them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ¡Firedog, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ¡Firedog Win User

How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

We used to be able to see the versions of the important WD files in the Security Centre. In Windows 10 1809, build 17763.316, I can't find them anywhere.

It's probably too much to expect that the ubiquitous file MsMpEng.exe is the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine, despite its name. Anyway, its version no. (4.18.1807.18075) doesn't fit the pattern I was looking for.

A recent Windows Security bulletin describes a fault that 'occurs only on computers that are protected by the 1.1.15700.xversion of Microsoft Malware Protection Engine:'

Applications that depend on Task Scheduler stop responding published 25 February 2019.

The article fails to explain how to find out whether a particular computer is affected. Does anyone know how to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine installed on my computer?

:)

¡Firedog, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Feb 28, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    CVE-2018-0986 | Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Vulnerability

Is current Insider vulnerable, or does this means that it's updated? Sorry, but MS is not always easy to understand..

Insider version:
    How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

No, I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1703, os build 15063.250 and it too shows Engine version: 1.1.13704.0 - the version which has this vulnerability addressed.

From the Advisory...

Thema:

1. How to find the version of the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine - Similar Threads - find version Microsoft

2. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  3. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  4. how do i turn on microsoft antivirius and malware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i turn on microsoft antivirius and malware protection: how do i turn on microsoft anti virus and malware protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-microsoft-antivirius-and-malware/6ae9e2c5-6173-48b2-9146-c9101099b28b
  5. Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility: There are 51 of these running in task manager. How do I disable them?? It's insane it's using up 75% of my memory. I saw some people say they changed the name of MpCmdRun.exe but when I try that it says I require permission from the same administrator account that I'm trying...
  6. Malware Protection

Malware Protection: What is the best Free Malware to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/020224cb-78a2-4821-9758-5a8efc88ba2e"
  7. Engine Version (understanding)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Engine Version (understanding): Hi Team, Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you help me understand what does 15100 denote here. How can I extract the month , date , year and other specific components that ca...
  8. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  9. CVE-2018-0986 | Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    CVE-2018-0986 | Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Vulnerability: A remote code execution vulnerability exists when the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine does not properly scan a specially crafted file, leading to memory corruption. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could execute arbitrary code in the security...
  10. Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine

in Windows 10 News
    Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Microsoft Security Advisory 4022344 Security Update for Microsoft Malware Protection Engine Published: May 8, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Microsoft is releasing this security advisory to inform customers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check the version of malware protection engine

2. find what version of Microsoft Malware Protection Engine server 2016

3. mpengine 1.1.13704.0

4. server 2016 show version of malware protection engine,
  5. how to find version o microsoft malware protection version