Windows 10: How to find true email address of junk email

Discus and support How to find true email address of junk email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I received an junk email supposedly from "Gerber Life Partner" . However when I try to add that email as junk and to block sender, I get the message... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportflyer, Aug 16, 2019.

1. How to find true email address of junk email

I received an junk email supposedly from "Gerber Life Partner" . However when I try to add that email as junk and to block sender, I get the message that it's not a valid email address. Is there a way to find the true email address ? Thanks.

:)

sportflyer, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Junk email

It's a never-ending battle. They spammers change their email addresses, so while the previous spammers email address was added to the blocked senders list, the new one is not. The only way to combat this is to engage the high sensitivity filters, which basically block all but people you have in your contacts list. This means all email goes to your junk mail filter unless the sender is in your contacts. But, this means you can't get any email from senders you aren't expecting unless you check your junk mail folder and add them to your contacts.

This also isn't perfect, since the spammers use tricks like using your own email address as the source, or hijacking your friends email accounts and sending spam from their accounts.

Mystere, Aug 16, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Frank1 Win User

How to find true email address of junk email

Junk email

When I get junk email, I click on the link that says, "Add sender to blocked senders list" But it does no good as I still get the junk from them. Is there anything I can do to stop it?
    Thanks, Frank

Frank1, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

How to find true email address of junk email

1. How to find true email address of junk email - Similar Threads - find true email

2. how to stop junk email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop junk email: I signed in from a new location and it started a power surge of junk emails to be sent. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-junk-email/9fb45c6f-c186-461e-9a7f-2efc6791d295
  3. how to stop junk email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop junk email: I signed in from a new location and it started a power surge of junk emails to be sent. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-junk-email/9fb45c6f-c186-461e-9a7f-2efc6791d295
  4. how to stop junk email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Find email address for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***9m?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find email address for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***9m?: My phone number is linked to 4 accounts. 1 of them I don't remember making, or is somebody who has used my phone number on a hotmail account. I want to delete the account but all the info I have for the account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.... how can I...
  6. Junk Email

Junk Email: How do I stop getting thousands of junk emails. In three hours I had over 18,000 junk foreign emails. I changed password no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-email/844c9891-1ba8-4a05-aa63-343a7334d8b3
  7. How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

How to log junk/spam email IP addresses: I have been receiving a bunch of suspicious email lately and I want to log the suspicious emails IP address so I can determine their geographic location. How do I do this in the Mail application included in Windows 10? The mail application also has separate folders for junk...
  8. Junk eMail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk eMail: Junk eMail folder has gone from 0 to 20 per day ! Coming in so fast unable to Block due to # of Junk mails Micosoft lets me block. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-email/d805b1ab-acac-4f12-a37c-aed441a5bba4
  9. Junk email

in Browsers and Email
    Junk email: How do I identify specific incoming outlook emails as junk so that they arrive in the junk folder rather than the inbox? 73641
  10. Junk email

in Browsers and Email
    Junk email: When I get junk email, I click on the link that says, "Add sender to blocked senders list" But it does no good as I still get the junk from them. Is there anything I can do to stop it? Thanks, Frank 6003