Windows 10: How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10

Discus and support How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to network 2 PC's both using Win 10 both have the same name, and same password but I am asked for the Network Credentials - Username and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tregarth, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Tregarth Win User

How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10

I am trying to network 2 PC's both using Win 10 both have the same name, and same password but I am asked for the Network Credentials - Username and Password.

I have no idea where they are. How can I find them?

Thank you,

Tregarth

:)

Tregarth, Oct 18, 2018

2. Network credentials?

I had the same problem. It looks like Microsoft has discontinued support for Homegroups, which I think is what made it crop up for me. I tried dozens of fixes I found posted all over the internet until I ran across one which makes sense and worked for
    me.

I have three Windows 10 computers on the same network. They all see each other (under Windows Explorer "Network") but when I tried to access them I was prompted for "network credentials" which never worked.

First I turned off and disabled Homegroups on all three computers. I used the procedure from

here
    . Then I restarted all three.

Then on each of the computers I did this:

• Search for "credentials" and start Credential Manager.
    • Select Windows Credentials.
    • Either Edit or create a Windows credential for the other two computers. Be sure the User Name is your Windows login name (account name?) and re-enter your Windows login password even if one is shown.
    You may need to enter your credentials the first time you access another computer across the network after this, but check "remember my credentials" and you shouldn't have to again.

I had garbage user names and passwords in Credential Manager for some reason, but when I cleaned them up like this all was well.

CarpeCimex, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 18, 2018
  4. How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10

Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10

1. How to find User Name and Network credentials in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find User Name

2. Network Credential find/change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Credential find/change: Hi, I am running Windows 11 on my PC and due to some files getting corrupted I have had to re-load Windows 11. I now wish to map the network drives on my NAS to Windows. I open the Map Drive dialogue and try and "browse" to the drive on my NAS I wish to map, but keep getting...
  3. Network Credential find/change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Credential find/change: Hi, I am running Windows 11 on my PC and due to some files getting corrupted I have had to re-load Windows 11. I now wish to map the network drives on my NAS to Windows. I open the Map Drive dialogue and try and "browse" to the drive on my NAS I wish to map, but keep getting...
  4. how to find network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find network credentials: how to find network credentials for file sharing between windows computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-network-credentials/3d38dec4-ba92-4b70-8973-27337e90243f
  5. how to find network credentials

how to find network credentials: how to find network credentials for file sharing between windows computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-network-credentials/3d38dec4-ba92-4b70-8973-27337e90243f
  6. Find network access credentials windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find network access credentials windows 10 or 11: I've been running my local wired network with password protected sharing turned off.To reduce the risk of infection I've now turned it on on all the pc's.The result is that I am now unable to access any of the machines on the network running windows 10 or 11I need to input...
  7. Find network access credentials windows 10 or 11

Find network access credentials windows 10 or 11: I've been running my local wired network with password protected sharing turned off.To reduce the risk of infection I've now turned it on on all the pc's.The result is that I am now unable to access any of the machines on the network running windows 10 or 11I need to input...
  8. Find network access credentials windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. where to find network credentials

where to find network credentials: Where can Network Credentials be found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-find-network-credentials/c554bd65-b60d-4ff6-8abf-3d0684123ad1
  10. How do I find the Network Credentials

How do I find the Network Credentials: How do I find the network Credentials for my two Windows 10 computers, I don't remember creating them on setup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-the-network-credentials/2f2ac17b-6700-470f-819a-9b73243dcc23

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network credentials windows 10

2. network credentials windows 10 where to find

3. find network credentials windows 10

4. network credentials windows 10 find password,
  5. network credentials,
  6. how do i find my network credentials,
  7. how to find network credentials windows 10,
  8. network credentials how do i find it,
  9. network credentials username and password,
  10. HOW TO FIND NETWORK NAME AND PASSWORD WIN 10,
  11. network credentials password windows 10,