Windows 10: How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key

Discus and support How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; someone please tell me how to find the version of windows(like windows 10 home or pro) by using the product key(lets take it as 1). when activated on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SiddarthThiru, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key

someone please tell me how to find the version of windows(like windows 10 home or pro) by using the product key(lets take it as 1).

when activated on some other product key(lets take it as 2)

:)

SiddarthThiru, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 30, 2018
  3. how to retrieve my previous windows version product key

My laptop currently running windows pro, will it possible to get my licensed windows 10 Home version which was came pre-installed to my laptop with this oem key after clean install.

if yes suggest me step by step.

Thanks

srinathDepally, Oct 30, 2018
  4. How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key

Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key

1. How to Find version of windows (like pro and home) using product key - Similar Threads - Find version pro

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. how to find product key and how to activate window 10 pro

how to find product key and how to activate window 10 pro: how to find a product key annd how to activate a window 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-product-key-and-how-to-activate-window/885657b7-7b05-46fd-9ec4-7aa9b81199de
  6. Finding windows version by product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding windows version by product key: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop from a friend and he doesn't remember the original version of windows, which doesn't install on this computer anyway. Unfortunately, the sticker on the back got all white and I can only read the windows product key. Is there any way to find the...
  7. Finding windows version by product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding windows version by product key: Hi,I got an old IBM R60e laptop from a friend and he doesn't remember the original version of windows, which doesn't install on this computer anyway. Unfortunately, the sticker on the back got all white and I can only read the windows product key. Is there any way to find the...
  8. How to Find Windows 10 Pro Product Key

How to Find Windows 10 Pro Product Key: I purchased Windows 10 Pro this past year from the Microsoft Store and digitally downloaded it on my PC. Ever since that time, I keep getting this message to Active it on my PC. I do not recall seeing the product code in the email confirming my purchase. This message does...
  9. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  10. Windows home to Windows Pro product key

Windows home to Windows Pro product key: I want to remote access my office pc with my surface pro. the office pc has Windows home on it and will not let me use remote access the surface pro has Windows Pro, can I use the product key from the surface pro on the windows home to upgrade it? also I have no idea what...