Windows 10: How to find what created a task for windows update?

Discus and support How to find what created a task for windows update? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there any way i can find what creates windows update tasks in the task scheduler ? Event log does not make much sense. I want to find what keeps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tonycst, Jul 23, 2020.

1. tonycst Win User

How to find what created a task for windows update?

Is there any way i can find what creates windows update tasks in the task scheduler ?

Event log does not make much sense.

I want to find what keeps enabling/recreating windows update scheduling tasks so i can permanently end it.

Very very very sick of windows update.

:)

tonycst, Jul 23, 2020
  2. tonycst Win User

Is there any way i can find what creates windows update tasks in the task scheduler ?

Event log does not make much sense.

I want to find what keeps enabling/recreating windows update scheduling tasks so i can permanently end it.

Very very very sick of windows update.

tonycst, Aug 3, 2020
  3. How do you find out what is still installing

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it works:

• Press Windows + X keys together.

• Click on task manager.

• Select the process tab. Now check if you can find what is installing.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 3, 2020
  4. BettyEAM Win User

task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How to find what created a task for windows update? - Similar Threads - find created task

2. How do I find out what a startup task in task manager is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find out what a startup task in task manager is?: I have a mystery app on my Startup tab in Task Manager simply labelled as "King". It doesn't show up in my programs and files; and I have no idea what it is or does. I also didn't install it. All I know is it's called "King", it's a startup app and it's disabled. There's no...
  3. How do I find out what a startup task in task manager is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I find out what a startup task in task manager is?: I have a mystery app on my Startup tab in Task Manager simply labelled as "King". It doesn't show up in my programs and files; and I have no idea what it is or does. I also didn't install it. All I know is it's called "King", it's a startup app and it's disabled. There's no...
  4. How do I find out what a startup task in task manager is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. what process creates the task "NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universa l...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what process creates the task "NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universa l...: hello, in my home i have a computer that i always put in hibernate mode instead of turning it off. from time to time my computer wakes up automatically at around 23:00 for few minutes and turnd off again. (ans sometimes it doesn't turn off - then the computer still runs...
  6. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  7. Creating a Task

Creating a Task: I would like to know how to create a task in Task Scheduler which recurs once a week and only at a logon of a user on a certain day of the week. I do not see the option to set a day of the week on the “At log on” page. [ATTACH]...
  8. Creating a Task

Creating a Task: I would like to know how to create a task in Task Scheduler which recurs each week at logon of user on a specified day of the week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-task/01daf086-17dc-421b-a5fe-698ee9958cab
  9. Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall rules: how to find out what created them?: Hello everyone, quick question: is there an easy way to know which process/application has created a Windows Firewall rule? I monitor the rules fairly often and some programs auto-create rules without asking, so this info would help. Tried to look at the Event Viewer but it's...
  10. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...