Windows 10: How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app

Discus and support How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to do a reinstall of windows and now I'm getting a pop up that windows defender firewall has blocked some features of the google app. I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slamina, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Slamina Win User

How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app

I had to do a reinstall of windows and now I'm getting a pop up that windows defender firewall has blocked some features of the google app. I don't know if I should allow them without knowing what features they are. How can I find out? Running windows 10

:)

Slamina, Nov 12, 2020
  2. asusG Win User

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

Hello

In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ?

I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time, I want to block entire program folder.

Was unable to find that option in Brink tutorial.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Do this through advanced sets , outbound rules wizard ? or is there a simpler way to block a folders complete contents in ex: C:\program files (x86) nero folder , and set to block ?

Thanks

asusG, Nov 12, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app

block program in firewall

How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall?

JeffPowell3, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app

1. How to find what programs defender firewall is blocking in google app - Similar Threads - find programs defender

2. What in the firewall is blocking my app? UPDATE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What in the firewall is blocking my app? UPDATE: Here's some background. Win 10 Version 19041 I do a lot of Arduino programming and a lot of my projects utilise a feature called OTA (Over the Air program uploads over WiFi).. Sometime in the past few weeks the OTA uploads stopped working. I downloaded the Arduino IDE...
  3. how do I block a program in a firewall?

how do I block a program in a firewall?: how do I block a program in a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-program-in-a-firewall/ff53f7b0-8814-435b-8677-af81cae5cc1f
  4. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  5. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  6. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  7. block program in firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    block program in firewall: How do I block a program from connecting to internet in windows defender firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-program-in-firewall/0bf73322-b39c-4884-95e4-06631eeb35d5
  8. How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  9. Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY

Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY: This started occurring a few weeks ago and my co-worker advised me to check out this site to seek any help. My google chrome all of a sudden stopped working, so I had uninstalled and attempted to reinstall it but it would give me the following error "Unable to connect to...
  10. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...