Windows 10: How to Find What's Waking My PC

Discus and support How to Find What's Waking My PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear All, My PC is often waking from Hibernate or sleep mode and I'm struggling to work out why. Is there a way of finding out what the cause is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielDC88, Feb 13, 2016.

1. How to Find What's Waking My PC

Dear All,

My PC is often waking from Hibernate or sleep mode and I'm struggling to work out why. Is there a way of finding out what the cause is in event viewer?

Thanks,

Daniel

:)

DanielDC88, Feb 13, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Aaron_823 Win User
    Windows 10 auto-wake from svchost.exe

After having upgraded to Windows 10 last night (late, I know), my PC will now wake itself from sleep at random points throughout the night. I checked my power options and I do have wake timers set to "disabled". After running the "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed"
    command in command prompt, it seems that svchost.exe, or the "SystemEventsBroker" is what is waking the PC via 'Maintenance Activator'. I don't remember enabling this, and I can't seem to find a way to disable it. My PC never did this before the upgrade. How
    do I disable svchost.exe from waking the computer against my will?

Aaron_823, Feb 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How to Find What's Waking My PC

Hello, there are many many threads on this topic, so it's worth reading some of them - it's been addressed many times, so maybe that's why you've not had an answer.

Try (should be fine for '10)
    Wake Source - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Windows 8 Powercfg -Energy | Troubleshooing Sleep Problems

Some examples of 10s, perhaps 100s:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...-solution.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ake-empty.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...waking-up.html

dalchina, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

How to Find What's Waking My PC

1. How to Find What's Waking My PC - Similar Threads - Find What's Waking

2. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  3. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  4. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  6. What keeps waking up my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What keeps waking up my pc?: Event viewer says "source unknown" and command prompt says "wake history count - 1".Aside from turning off literally everything, is there a way to figure out what is causing this? Nothing will tell me....
  7. What is causing my monitor to wake?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is causing my monitor to wake?: Whenever windows turns off my displays, within a minute or two it will play the usb disconnect/connect sound and wake my monitor NOT to the desktop but rather only the backlight will turn on and say "entering power save mode" on 2/3 monitors. I have an AMD 5600x and 6600xt on...
  8. What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up?: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to find out what woke your Windows 10 computer from Sleep. Putting our PC to Sleep Mode is one […] This article What is a Wake source for Windows computer? Why did my PC wake up? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. What is 'Waking' my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is 'Waking' my PC?: I have been putting my computer to sleep yet at around the hours of 10pm-12am MST all of a sudden it wakes up. I have disabled my mouse and keyboard both from being able to wake the device, as well they both get turned off and are not on when the PC suddenly wakes itself....
  10. What is waking my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is waking my PC?: I've tried everything here. All my keyboard/mouse devices have "Allow this device to wake the computer" unchecked. Wake timers are disabled. Automatic Maintenance is disabled. Despite all this, my PC still consistently wakes up in the middle of the night around 2-5 AM....