Windows 10: How to find where a program is writing data

Discus and support How to find where a program is writing data in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let's say a program is writing data in a subfolder in C drive, how do I locate that folder? submitted by /u/mrstork89 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrstork89, Apr 22, 2020.

1. How to find where a program is writing data

Let's say a program is writing data in a subfolder in C drive, how do I locate that folder?

submitted by /u/mrstork89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrstork89, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 22, 2020
  4. How to find where a program is writing data

Is this amount of Data writen normal for a SSD?

I don't use SSD, since I heard that SSD has a very limited time for writes. And every time, you write something, it erases whole piece and write again together with the new to storage. Tip also suggests us to leave 1/4 SSD space for temporary storage. Or trouble will come.
    Tips also recommend us to leave SSD for OS, and HDD for programs and data.
    If your data is OS data, then there is nothing to do.

FrankBarrera, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

How to find where a program is writing data

1. How to find where a program is writing data - Similar Threads - find where program

2. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  3. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to programs install their data?: Hi,My OEM windows 11 OS failed due to trying to remove Avira and attempting to do a system restore while also plugging in a touch screen tablet port - it I think created an odd set of situations that activated bitlocker on the Asus A17 Tuf Gaming laptop. Long story short I...
  4. Where to programs install their data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  6. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  7. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Where to find my Edge data online

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where to find my Edge data online: Hello, I have a very short question. Is it possible to find my saved Collections, Favorites and other Edge things in my Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com or elsewhere online? Where could that be? I need to check what is saved on Microsoft servers, because...
  9. How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While installing a program or app, most of us usually ignore the installation path […] This article How to find where a Program is installed in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs: Hi All, Maybe I'm wrong, but if I click "Start" and i type for example "sync", I expect it to find all programs I would see scrolling in the start menu with word "sync" in it. More precisely, when I click "start", I have a list of programs, starting from "recently added"...