Windows 10: How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell

Discus and support How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to find Windows Update size using PowerShell, here is how you can do that. Although Windows Settings could do it easily, you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 21, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell

How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell find-windows-update-size-powershell-2.png
    If you want to find Windows Update size using PowerShell, here is how you can do that. Although Windows Settings could do it easily, you can use PowerShell to do the same within moments. For that, you need to install a script as there is no in-built PowerShell command to find the same. If you […]

This article How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 21, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 21, 2022
  3. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

PowerShell can process many CLI commands but does have its own syntax as you are finding.

I use it a lot at a management level for carious workstation and sever tasks. Pretty much anything Windows does in the GUI is a powershell command.

I recommend you look up some info on Google and also look into the book, Learn PowerShell in 30-days Worth of Lunches. That'll give you a great start to properly using and understanding PowerShell. Its extremely powerful and useful...the caveat is learning it and understanding what it wants.

You should be able to set it back to CLI in personalization settings if you don't want to learn it. CLI is still food enough for most folks...not sure why they felt the need to do that...ironically I have my menus set to display PowerShell instead of CLI.

http://m.windowsitpro.com/windows-10/pro-tip-replace-command-prompt-powershell-windows-x-menu

Kursah, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell - Similar Threads - find Update Size

2. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  3. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  4. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell: Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10 1909 machine, it downloads the patch KB5009545 for 86 GB but the original size of the KB is only 589 MB in Microsoft Update...
  6. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell: Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10 1909 machine, it downloads the patch KB5009545 for 86 GB but the original size of the KB is only 589 MB in Microsoft Update...
  7. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Webcams are typically small cameras that sit on a desk, attach to a user’s […] This article How to use PowerShell to find and disable Webcams in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Windows PowerShell to find information about Hard Drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell is a powerful utility that comes preinstalled on Windows 10. Microsoft has been pushing it hard to become useful for developers and IT professionals. Windows PowerShell can also be used to manage hard drive and SSDs. In this [...] This...
  10. Finding size of installed Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding size of installed Updates: G'day, I have a recently purchased Asus notebook with Windows 10, build 15063, pre-installed and am concerned about the size, MBs, of any Updates which have occured since. Have looked at "Installed Updates" but it does convey the size of the Updates. Can you please help me to...