Windows 10: How to Find Your Router Login and Password

Discus and support How to Find Your Router Login and Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every so often one needs to log into their router to rename it or maybe even make some tweaks to the settings. It's easy enough to with little risk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imlostman, Jul 1, 2019.

1. imlostman Win User

How to Find Your Router Login and Password

Every so often one needs to log into their router to rename it or maybe even make some tweaks to the settings. It's easy enough to with little risk even for novice users. If this is your first time logging into your router, you'll need the default login and password then visit default ip address 192.168.1.1.

1: Check Your Paperwork
    If you saved the box your router came in; odds area unit the manual has your login and word. If you bought your router from your ISP, check the receipt they gave you. typically they need your router word and generally your email word likewise.

2: Check the Back of Your Router
    If you are like United States, and the general public, you tossed your original box and work, otherwise you cannot notice your ISP receipt. Frankly, you are happier as it's easier to run over to your router and appearance on the rear. typically everything you would like is correct here together with the information processing or address aboard the default username and word. Router Passwords is one such web site, though not updated recently, most likely as a result of it's easier to look for your information processing and log in.

3: Use Google or a Router Password Website
    Another good way to seek out your username and word is to Google it. We've done this m times. you'll be able to sometimes notice the data instantly. If for a few reason, that fails, there area unit websites with databases of all recognize default router logins and passwords.

4: Take a Wild guess
    Many router names and passwords area unit similar, thus if you've got a brand router, you'll be able to most likely take a guess, and it does not ought to be wild. The default words area unit purposely easy presumptuous you may log in and alter the username and password.

5: Reset Your Router to Default
    If you cannot login thanks to a forgotten login or word, you'll be able to reset your router to manufacturing plant settings, then log in with the default username and word. consider the rear of the router for a little, spherical button that claims reset. typically the button is red or blue. Press and hold the button down for thirty seconds. Now, you'll be able to use the default login.

:)

imlostman, Jul 1, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 1, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Dann Ave Win User

Safely Changing Router Password

HI Sherry,

You should still be able to manage your router's password even with the prompt for the site not being secure. Though if you are unable to completely access your router's gateway, you can use the router's IP.

To get the IP, follow the following steps.

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type: ipconfig /all.
    • On the information that will show, look for DHCP Server, take note of its IP.

You can type the IP to your browser to access your router's gateway.

If you are still having concerns with accessing your router's gateway, best to contact your internet service provider if they are the ones who gave the router, or the router's manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Dann Ave, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Find Your Router Login and Password - Similar Threads - Find Router Login

2. How to find router botton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find router botton: How to find router button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-router-botton/0ef5057a-ca87-4a19-80b7-09e15c6211f7
  3. How to find router botton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find router botton: How to find router button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-router-botton/0ef5057a-ca87-4a19-80b7-09e15c6211f7
  4. How to find router botton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change router name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change router name and password: Hi! Someone tried to get into my computer's Bluetooth this morning and I'm really creeped out. The name of the device is "View 1". It's made me think there might be cameras here in my new apartment. I'd like to change my router information as it's set to default from...
  6. how to repair a wrong router password

how to repair a wrong router password: How to repair a wrong entered password on the Wi-Fi router? Now I cannot connect to that router and do not know how to reset it with the correct one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-repair-a-wrong-router-password/09ef4c89-3294-42a6-a75f-65ed9ce95833
  7. How to find your old windows account password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find your old windows account password?: I’m in an odd situation with my computer where I updated my Microsoft account password but my computer can’t connect to the internet without it, so I need a way to find out my old Microsoft password. Is there any way through the website to find it, or could someone from...
  8. How to find your Wi-Fi network password

How to find your Wi-Fi network password: Need to share your Wi-Fi network password, but forget what it is? No problem! Here's how to quickly it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4023501/windows-find-wireless-network-password [ATTACH]...
  9. How to set password for router

How to set password for router: Split from this thread. My router is a 10+ year old Netgear router. It used to have a password but is now open. My laptop is a Surface Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-password-for-router/3e4275b2-68d6-4fdc-95ba-baade12e783a
  10. How routers manage to login web with blanket username/password ?

How routers manage to login web with blanket username/password ?: During the setup of a router recently purchased to replace my old faulty one , I stumbled on my own misconception. The manufacturer's instruction was to chose PPPoE menu on the Internet connection type , which prompted fields to type username and password. It was...