Windows 10: How to find your Wi-Fi network password

Discus and support How to find your Wi-Fi network password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Need to share your Wi-Fi network password, but forget what it is? No problem! Here's how to quickly it:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clarissa Lenz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. How to find your Wi-Fi network password

Clarissa Lenz, Feb 5, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 5, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

How to find your Wi-Fi network password

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

How to find your Wi-Fi network password

1. How to find your Wi-Fi network password - Similar Threads - find network password

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  4. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  5. wi-fi password? how do I find it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wi-fi password? how do I find it?: how do I find my wi-fi password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wi-fi-password-how-do-i-find-it/ae3b9d7a-287c-4298-bb6b-2b2bfe80fcd8
  6. how do i find my wi fi password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i find my wi fi password?: how do i find my wi fi password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-wi-fi-password/9d01c3c7-a126-4d79-9b28-c50b81bd3e3b
  7. How to find Wi-Fi password?

How to find Wi-Fi password?: I WANT TO FIND MY WIFI PASSWORD FROM AN OLD SOFTWARE COMPUTER WHICH IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THAT WIFI ***Modified title from: WIFI*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-wi-fi-password/46271142-79eb-4f48-b72e-d8aed60e0ee5
  8. Windows 10 not finding wi-fi network

Windows 10 not finding wi-fi network: Hi, my wi-fi connection suddenly failed when browsing a site I use regularly. Trouble-shooting said " Wireless Adapter adapter is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems." Now I can connect via the ethernet cable, but the computer cannot see the wi-fi network...
  9. wi fi passwords

wi fi passwords: How do I transfer wi fi passwords of known networks from my old computer to my new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-passwords/539649e8-bd64-44f7-8ed1-a021b2854590
  10. How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10: Imagine this scenario: For some time now, you’ve been using your wireless connection at home on your Windows 10 PC and lately, you’ve acquired a new tablet or a smartphone and need to connect it to your Wireless network. The only thing that’s standing in your way is the WIFI...