Windows 10: How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD?

Discus and support How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently I have reasons to believe that your HDD may be the cause of the issue, it would at least explain why you're able to run live operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anutrix, Feb 11, 2017.

1. axe0 New Member

How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD?

Currently I have reasons to believe that your HDD may be the cause of the issue, it would at least explain why you're able to run live operating systems.

How old is your hardware?
    If it isn't too old, like not older than a few years, many things to repair the boot stuff won't work as they are meant for the old generation of booting.

Have you performed any tests on your HDD?

2. Anutrix Win User

No, I don't remember doing it.
    Once I had done quick test in Oct16.
    No errors as I remember so maybe I ruled it out.
    Pls recommend HDD tests.
    Have 1TB HDD and I can't keep PC for too long this time so faster options are better.

Anutrix, Feb 13, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
    How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

4. Anutrix Win User

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums Thx.
    Just started hdtune pro error scan .
    Will do other tests after that.
    Please note I have 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (SATA). So is the seatools universal or not?

Anutrix, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Anutrix Win User
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    Here is the HD Tune report.
    Attachment 121222
    Attachment 121223
    Attachment 121224
    Also I have System Reserved partition with odd files in it.
    Had Remix OS with YUMI in USB which stored lot of files in it maybe[don't know why].
    Can I delete it.
    Attachment 121225Attachment 121226
    Thx again.
    Will post next tests soon.

Anutrix, Feb 14, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    The system reserved partition is normally not visible to the user, because it contains important files. If I remember correctly, this partition is used for the recovery and/or boot process.

That this partition is visible means that your partitioning is screwed up more than I had hoped. (It also means that your system is using the old generation of booting)
    There may be a chance that the partitioning problem may be fixed, but if you'd like to get it fixed without a clean install then we'll need someone who is more experienced in this than I am in this.

7. Anutrix Win User
    Sorry for leading in wrong direction but I myself added drive letter in disk management to show the files to you. I did this because this drive would be available during windows 10 recovery options command prompt. So I got suspicious. Now I was running seatools for dos. When long test was running at about 11% I went have lunch. When I had just returned after about 10 minutes The PC have a continuous sound[Like UPS gives during overload] and everything on screen was messed up. The previously top appearance was missing, selected drive information dragged till top end having only repeated DST is supported or not or something. And screen had sorts of glitch[as if certain pins in monitor's plug had broken] having short lines of 0s and junk. Unfortunately I was too scared to take a pic and rebooted directly[Pressed CPU button once]. PC rebooted and loaded seatools for dos again . Now again I am running long test. This time it is at 40% now. Longer time than last time has passed.
    Update: Passed so I think its irrelevent.
    Also can lack of free space cause it?[Storage pic in earlier post]
    Thx again for info.

Anutrix, Feb 14, 2017
  8. Anutrix Win User

Anutrix, Feb 14, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Chkdsk could take several hours, and it may look like it hangs but it isn't hanging, just wait and let it finish.

10. Anutrix Win User
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums I have a problem. No mention of wininit in event viewer(chkdsk too old).
    So I used powershell command which initially failed to find path.Then I removed "/Desktop" from path which resulted in CHKDSKResults.txt file which is blank. What do I do?
    Note: I ran command for C: partition(Windows 10).

Anutrix, Feb 15, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    If wininit isn't present and chkdsk is too old, then the question is if chkdsk finished properly?

12. Anutrix Win User
    I don't know(Sorry).
    It was stuck 31%(normal I found out) so I left it alone and the next time I saw it the usual BSOD , automatic system repair failed screen was there.
    Also the link that was given says procedure is for OS till Windows 8 only. Is there a different method to check chkdsk log in Windows 10?
    Also the PC rebooted once or twice after due to BSOD. Do you think chkdsk log got deleted because of this?
    Thx again for quick replies.

Anutrix, Feb 15, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

You can export the event in eventviewer directly.

The log won't ever get deleted, unless you tell a program to delete it (like in Ccleaner).
    If no log exists, chkdsk could not finish properly and didn't write a log.

14. Anutrix Win User
    Heres the whole Application set(compressed txt). I know its not useful. Maybe someone can salvage something.
    And I didn't use any cleaner. What should I do now?

Anutrix, Feb 15, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    All I can currently suggest is to run chkdsk again in command prompt with the /r switch.

Thema:

1. How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? - Similar Threads - fix 0xc000021a BSOD

2. BSoD 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD 0xc000021a: Today my PC suddenly booted directly into a BSOD with stopecode 0xc000021a. It happens on every boot. Here are the things I tried:1. Running in safe mode w/o networking: this simply restarted right back into advanced start options.2.sfc /scannow via commandprompt: finishes...
  3. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix 0xc000021a error?: I'm unable to use Windows 10 as it's only giving me the BSOD. It's not letting me access the automatic repair thing either. I could really use some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0xc000021a-error/7f1245e7-043a-4d14-aafb-167a9c59302f
  4. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix 0xc000021a error?: I'm unable to use Windows 10 as it's only giving me the BSOD. It's not letting me access the automatic repair thing either. I could really use some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0xc000021a-error/7f1245e7-043a-4d14-aafb-167a9c59302f
  5. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to fix stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix stop code 0xc000021a: I tried everything. Reset, Continue, Troubleshoot, Restore, Repair, Commands, Startup settings, everything. But they don't seem to work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Error 0xc000021a Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000021a Fix: Hello everyone. On my Windows 10 Acer laptop i got this error that won't let me boot into Windows, in fact, everytime I try to boot my PC it shows a blue screen saying Error 0xc000021a. I tried a lot of fixes, it's been almost a month, but I haven't found any working fix. I...
  8. BSoD error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error 0xc000021a: Hi, I just ran my windows 10 pc 3 days ago and I saw a blue screen with message as -'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you' with error 0xc000021a. I've been trying a lot since 3 days to solve it...
  9. BSOD 0xc000021a, metadata check returns 0x32, no fix working

BSOD 0xc000021a, metadata check returns 0x32, no fix working: Hello. Yesterday I turned my PC off as usual, haven't seen any updates installing, the next time I turned it on, it crashed with BSOD 0xc000021a, then on restart it failed to fix the startup settings. Now it alternates between crashing and failing to restore. I have installed...
  10. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
Tags: