Windows 10: How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD?

Discus and support How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All I can currently suggest is to run chkdsk again in command prompt with the /r switch. Attachment 121991 I ran Code: chkdsk /r D:[/quote] on C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anutrix, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Anutrix Win User

How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD?

Attachment 121991
    I ran Code: chkdsk /r D:[/quote] on C partition(OS partition)-100GB from recovery options command prompt. It took about 2 hours. Also one weird thing about my cmd is that it doesn't ask for login details which I saw in many online videos(I wonder why?). Please respond.
    Also I can't keep PC on for longer than 5 hours continuous now(Not technical but personal(EXAMS and Electricity bill)reason).
    Please help.

Anutrix, Feb 18, 2017
  2. axe0 New Member

What videos do you mean?
    Chkdsk or any other utility like sfc doesn't need you to be logged in.

3. Anutrix Win User
    I didn't mean the tests. I meant command prompt in recovery options.

Anutrix, Feb 18, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

I understand what you mean, but it is usually a utility that needs the login and not the utility that accesses those utilities. I have never seen cmd ask for such information.

5. Anutrix Win User
    OK Sorry it was off topic a bit.
    But pls help me solve the BSOD.
    Can you check the uptime from the minidumps? Maybe then we
    salvage some data.
    Is it possible that the BSOD is due to lack free space? I can't check because I don't own an external drive right now so I can't free HDD space till May(Will buy one).
    Thx for real quick response.

Anutrix, Feb 18, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is more likely possible that chkdsk has issues writing due to lack of free space.
    It is less likely possible that a BSOD occurs due to lack of free space, AFAIK this should be happening on the boot partition in order to cause trouble.

Up times are less than 1.5 minutes, normally the HDD and/or RAM would be causing issues with such up times but since you can't properly test the RAM it's either RMA the RAM and hope for success or trying other things.

7. Anutrix Win User
    So I guess we have come back in May. I don't know much about forums. So do we freeze this thread or something till may or start new thread again in May 2017 or let it be as it is.

Anutrix, Mar 1, 2017
  8. Anutrix Win User

Can you check these files for me please(Compare with standard Windows 10 PC)?
    What is "C:\$GetCurrent\Logs\downlevel_2016_10_18_20_56_47_927.log" log for?
    I don't know why but i feel 2016/10/18 may the day it all got messed up.
    I know its not right way to solve the problem but have to start somewhere.
    These hidden folders are in C: drive.
    I deleted $Windows.~BT & $Windows.~WS folders some time ago(Wanted to inform).
    The only hidden folders starting with $ in C: drive is now uploaded two folders and $RECYCLE.BIN folder(I suppose there should be more).
    Also Code:
    Code: bootrec /scanos[/quote] gives Total identified Windows installations: 0 (Bugging me most). Please answer this as it is in my first post too.
    (My thoughts:I once thought Windows is somehow not detected properly.)

Anutrix, Mar 3, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    I can't do anything with those log, because it is more Windows Update log related which I don't understand. The data it contains is different from what I usually look at.

10. Anutrix Win User
    I once being tired of finding methods to fix the bsod reluctantly used driver verifier(Sorry I know I shouldn't). What happened was the PC was not booting even in driver signature enforcement disabled mode and I was happy that it was a different BSOD(i.e "Driver Verifier Detected Violation"). I used RegBack folder to get back to earlier state of BSOD. But oddly it didn't give me any minidumps for which I had done the experiment. Any opinions.
    (My exams start on 9th and end on 28th of this month. Any help before or after this period is appreciated).

Anutrix, Mar 3, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Download a live linux distribution (link: Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu), and boot from it but DON'T install it.
    You may run it so long as you deem necessary, if any stability issues occur then the RAM is causing problems.

12. Anutrix Win User
    I finally solved it updating using official latest Windows 10 1607 ISO file. Even though PC is sluggish(Thank Microosft for that) there is no BSOD. OneDrive and Bluetooth icon have been enabled on startup(I had disabled those=Maybe the cause[Not sure]). I will mark solved after testing for a few days. For others on how I did it:
    • Get Rufus.
    • Set Browser user agent as Windows XP (UserAgentSwither for Firefox)or use Windows XP PC.
    • Go to official link.
    • Download ISO.
    • Use Rufus to burn ISO to USB.
    • After burning, run setup.exe .
    • Accept All Updates.
      Thanks to everyone on tenforums for help. I learnt a lot. Special thanks to axe0.

Anutrix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix 0xc000021a, BSOD? - Similar Threads - fix 0xc000021a BSOD

2. BSoD 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD 0xc000021a: Today my PC suddenly booted directly into a BSOD with stopecode 0xc000021a. It happens on every boot. Here are the things I tried:1. Running in safe mode w/o networking: this simply restarted right back into advanced start options.2.sfc /scannow via commandprompt: finishes...
  3. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix 0xc000021a error?: I'm unable to use Windows 10 as it's only giving me the BSOD. It's not letting me access the automatic repair thing either. I could really use some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0xc000021a-error/7f1245e7-043a-4d14-aafb-167a9c59302f
  4. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix 0xc000021a error?: I'm unable to use Windows 10 as it's only giving me the BSOD. It's not letting me access the automatic repair thing either. I could really use some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-0xc000021a-error/7f1245e7-043a-4d14-aafb-167a9c59302f
  5. How to fix 0xc000021a error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to fix stop code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix stop code 0xc000021a: I tried everything. Reset, Continue, Troubleshoot, Restore, Repair, Commands, Startup settings, everything. But they don't seem to work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Error 0xc000021a Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000021a Fix: Hello everyone. On my Windows 10 Acer laptop i got this error that won't let me boot into Windows, in fact, everytime I try to boot my PC it shows a blue screen saying Error 0xc000021a. I tried a lot of fixes, it's been almost a month, but I haven't found any working fix. I...
  8. BSoD error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error 0xc000021a: Hi, I just ran my windows 10 pc 3 days ago and I saw a blue screen with message as -'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you' with error 0xc000021a. I've been trying a lot since 3 days to solve it...
  9. BSOD 0xc000021a, metadata check returns 0x32, no fix working

BSOD 0xc000021a, metadata check returns 0x32, no fix working: Hello. Yesterday I turned my PC off as usual, haven't seen any updates installing, the next time I turned it on, it crashed with BSOD 0xc000021a, then on restart it failed to fix the startup settings. Now it alternates between crashing and failing to restore. I have installed...
  10. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
Tags: