Windows 10: How to fix 100% disc bug

Discus and support How to fix 100% disc bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s weird. Sometimes I’ll boot my computer and it’s 100% disc the entire time it’s being used, but others it’s perfectly normal. What’s going on here?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/toast-and-eggs, Jul 14, 2020.

1. How to fix 100% disc bug

It’s weird. Sometimes I’ll boot my computer and it’s 100% disc the entire time it’s being used, but others it’s perfectly normal. What’s going on here?

submitted by /u/toast-and-eggs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/toast-and-eggs, Jul 14, 2020

2. Disc Usage at 100%

Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I started going through your list of suggestions.

I have switched off all background apps. I was horrified to see so many.

I then disabled windows update.

At that stage I thought I would check out disc usage on task manager.

Disc activity had gone down dramatically and in the performance tag activity was very low, it spiked from time to time if I did something on the PC but the speed on all activity was back to normal.

I thought I would leave things as they were and see if things stayed the same.

No problems at all until this afternoon I was trying to look at a file via windows explorer and got the message "not responding". A quick look at task manager and disc activity is 100% again. Everything slows down. I close down some screens and the desk
    top turns black.

The only way I can get a display up again is "alt" + "tab". The task bar has disappeared. I decided to reboot but the only way I can do that is with the on'/off switch.

The PC reboots. I check that all the apps are still switched off and windows update is still disabled, Disc activity is still 100%.

As I type this disc activity has suddenly dropped. it keeps spiking to 100% but then reverts back to about 12%.

Is this normal or is there something else I should do.

Back to 100% now. How do I find out what is actually happening, what activity is the disc doing?

I am confused.

Any suggestions?

Michael_209, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Task Manager indicates 99-100% disc usage

Hi,

About your issue regarding your PC. Mostly the issue occur if your not cleaning your PC. Like for example: Not removing the file that you don't need or always cleaning your cache. We suggest you to check this article:

How to fix disc usage in Windows 10
    . This article contains troubleshooting steps for you to fix the issue.

Regards.

Phillip Pio, Jul 14, 2020
  4. How to fix 100% disc bug

100% disk usage bug - tried everything online - FIX DATE please ???!!

Issue: 100% disk usage bringing down my whole system perfomance

Workaround: NONE are working ( tried more than 40 suggestions including Microsoft one)

Requirement:

• A working workaround
    • FIX date ( ETA )

Paddy_1991, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

How to fix 100% disc bug

1. How to fix 100% disc bug - Similar Threads - fix 100% disc

2. 100% disc usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disc usage: I have been having problems with my Dell Optiplex 5260 for months now. I was running Windows 10 but have managed to upgrade to Windows 11 with some difficulty - its not easy with 100% disc usage - but still the problem persists.When I start up the CPU and Memory are fine but...
  3. 100% disc usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disc usage: I have been having problems with my Dell Optiplex 5260 for months now. I was running Windows 10 but have managed to upgrade to Windows 11 with some difficulty - its not easy with 100% disc usage - but still the problem persists.When I start up the CPU and Memory are fine but...
  4. Disc usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc usage is 100%: Disc usage is 100% whenever i open a program or when i turn on my laptop. Due to this issue my system runs very slow almost every time please help. I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix it and i failed....
  5. Disc usage is 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc usage is 100%: Disc usage is 100% whenever i open a program or when i turn on my laptop. Due to this issue my system runs very slow almost every time please help. I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix it and i failed....
  6. How to fix this bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix this bug?: Idk what happened but when try to run OneDrive app or any app is web based i get this only text bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-bug/fc6006a4-d65c-4c13-9698-71651e8bc8ba
  7. 100% disc

100% disc: 100% disc is give me a warm time, and I have notice that the hp laptops are the one most affected by this, can't mircosoft send a update that can resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disc/653aeb13-0ab6-409a-b004-9e30bdbdb0c3
  8. 100% disc

100% disc: 100% disc is give me a warm time, and I have notice that the hp laptops are the one most affected by this, can't mircosoft send a update that can resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disc/856b729a-f0ae-4850-abc5-cea4fb35c44a
  9. Disc space 100%

Disc space 100%: So my HP pavilion laptop has been running pretty slowly lately and i’ve been doing a bit of research - i know nothing about theses things. So i moved all my pictures/vids onto an external memory source and removed them from the laptop as the memory on task manager was full,...
  10. 100% Bug

100% Bug: Dear Microsoft Coumminty, I have a problem with my windows 10 enterprise edition. Sometimes when i start my pc i takes unusally long, that indicates the "100% usage bug". The "100% Bug" is a glitch witch let my hard disk "G:\" go up to: 100% usage 100% Active Time Max...