Windows 10: How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help

Discus and support How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cant use my laptop anymore every time i try to install something this error appears and every time i try to run something as administrator this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Asleep-Diver, Jan 27, 2021.

1. How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help

I cant use my laptop anymore every time i try to install something this error appears and every time i try to run something as administrator this error appear. every time i try to format the laptop it says "Something went wrong" and youtube isnt helping me at all

Copy/Paste isnt working

Changing settings isnt working

Cant run apps as administrator

Installing Apps isnt working

and alot more things arent working basically halve the laptop isnt working please help me reddit is my only chance right now

submitted by /u/Asleep-Diver
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Asleep-Diver, Jan 27, 2021

2. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Windows 10

I am getting A device attached to the system is not functioning" error while installing any .exe file on laptop. Below is one of example in this case team viewer.

I have already taken few steps but invain getting same error again.

1. First step, format and reinstalled Windows 10
    2. There was driver error in device manager for "*Dellpro" I uninstalled this device.
    3. I ran SEC and DISM scans but they intermittently aborted.

Can someone help in fixing this error, can't install any software on laptop. Please help urgently.

How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help 44d406ae-9b13-4a90-9d44-4c68a5ad84d3?upload=true.jpg

RajeshP_1269, Jan 27, 2021
  3. A device attached to system is not functioning

Hi,

I understand how it feels when you have more programs installed and to go with the option like the above to fix the issue but as an alternative, I would suggest you try the below to see if it fixes the issue without losing installed programs and your data.

Step 1:

On the login screen click on Power icon on the right corner

Step 2:

Press Shift Key and press hold and then click Restart (This will restart the system in recovery mode)

Step 3:

In the recovery bluescreen options you’ll need to click (or tap) the Troubleshoot option

Step 4:

Then click on Advanced Options

Step 5;

Select Startup Repair

Let me know the status after performing the above and if in case it doesn't help will provide you with further steps to resolve the issue.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jan 27, 2021
  4. justbeary Win User

How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help

Device attached to the system is not functioning (photo transfer)

I have a new Samsung Galaxy A71. I attached it to my computer by USB and it pulls up the phone on the computer. However, when I attempt to transfer any photos I receive the following error:

Device attached to the system is not functioning

I have rebooted my system, all of my updates appear to be installed, ran a system check and still I cannot resolve this issue.

Samsung tells me that since my phone can be found on the system, it is a Windows issue for the transfer. Any suggestions. Thank you.

justbeary, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help

1. How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help - Similar Threads - fix device attached

2. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  3. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  4. Does anyone know how to fix "A device attached to the system is not functioning”?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix "A device attached to the system is not functioning”?: I'm trying to use some telemetry radios with mission planner, windows didn't download any driver so installed “USB serialCDC” which is the only one that works at all. Here's some more details:...
  5. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.: Code: C:\Windows\System32>powercfg /h /type full A device attached to the system is not functioning. Help? Edit: I get Code: Your power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? in Code: Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do...
  6. How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix "a device attached to the system is not functioning" Please Help: I cant use my laptop anymore every time i try to install something this error appears and every time i try to run something as administrator this error appear. every time i try to format the laptop it says "Something went wrong" and youtube isnt helping me at all Copy/Paste...
  7. A device attached to system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    A device attached to system is not functioning: [IMG] I dont know how happend but i cant open systems app and i cant disable network too [ATTACH] and another error happend when i want open device manager this error come Why ? My laptop is lenovo g510 Core i3 Amd r5 m230...
  8. Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning: I have not used my HP Envy 20 in a couple of years and just spent the day updating it. I reset the entire thing and the sound icon at the bottom right has a red X. I tried troubleshooting and could not update drivers due to "A device attached to the system is not...
  9. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 News
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive this error message A device attached to the system is not functioning, here are a few things you may try. It is quite possible that the attached device is not working for one of these reasons. The device [...] This post A device attached to...
  10. "A device attached to your system is not functioning"

"A device attached to your system is not functioning": I can't use any applications as an admin on my Windows 10. A window pops up with the message above whenever I try to open the cmd or a game. 83548