Windows 10: How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be...

Discus and support How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have even tried reinstalling the drivers of the CPU but still no result.When I re-install the drivers my CPU get's stuck at 0.79Ghz So I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbhishekS3, May 11, 2021.

1. How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be...

I have even tried reinstalling the drivers of the CPU but still no result.When I re-install the drivers my CPU get's stuck at 0.79Ghz So I changed the intelppm registry value to 4 where is runs at full speed all the time

:)

AbhishekS3, May 11, 2021

2. Error "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality" on windows 10

Old title: Usb problem

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code 32 error I am connecting my sub pen drives but I can't find them to use them I use windows 10 Plz help me to fix dis

suniluppin, May 11, 2021
  3. Error "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality" on windows 10

Hello Sunil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You will see this error "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality" then it indicates that the
    Start type for this driver is set to Disabled in the registry or some corruption with the drivers. Try below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the problematic driver.
    Right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option
    How do you want to search driver, then go with
    Search automatically for updated driver software.
    If you have a driver available on your PC, then select
    Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)

d). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the
    system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue. (Recommended step)

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 11, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be...

VIA Audio driver FIX

Hi there

From the insider forum Cliff S (Thanks) referred to this Fix seems to work finally for me

....(from the site)

1. Open Playback Devices
    2. Right-click the output device (in my case, "Speakers") and set as Default Device.
    3. Select the device, and click on the Properties button
    4. Go to the Enhancements tab and check "Disable all enhancements"

Restart your apps for sound to work, but that was it.

I still suggest though that updates should be allowed to be optionally installed or not until fixes are available for problematic drivers.
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 11, 2021
Thema:

How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be...

1. How to fix "A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be... - Similar Threads - fix driver service

2. How do I fix my wifi driver that has been corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my wifi driver that has been corrupted?: Hello, so it seems my wifi drivers have been corrupted. I have already run a troubleshooter and it says it's fine and connected. because I am using a network cable now.The wifi icon in the systems tray has been removed. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstall but no...
  3. How do I fix my wifi driver that has been corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my wifi driver that has been corrupted?: Hello, so it seems my wifi drivers have been corrupted. I have already run a troubleshooter and it says it's fine and connected. because I am using a network cable now.The wifi icon in the systems tray has been removed. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstall but no...
  4. a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing...: a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing this functionality. code 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-driver-service-for-this-device-has-been-disabled/fabc69e1-2a5d-4359-8dac-333ebe6892e0
  5. a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing...: a driver service for this device has been disabled. an alternate driver may be providing this functionality. code 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-driver-service-for-this-device-has-been-disabled/fabc69e1-2a5d-4359-8dac-333ebe6892e0
  6. Driver signature enforcement has been disabled and idk how to enable them again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver signature enforcement has been disabled and idk how to enable them again: Hello i tried alot of thing but nothing works, im trying to play some games that require eazy anticheat but it isnt working cuz my driver signature enforcement has been disabled and nothing works. I htink it might be premanently disabled im not sure though can yall help??...
  7. Alternative to updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative to updating drivers?: I know you can update drivers through windows 10 but I want to know if there are drivers windows 10 cannot update or detect drivers I would need to look elsewhere for. Is there any actual good driver software update tools that I can download? submitted by /u/yeetusnibbus42...
  8. Device Association Driver Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Driver Service: I would like to know what "device"s, and in what "association" consists in practice, and for what purpose(s). 1909 159038
  9. how to fix error code 32 A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix error code 32 A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate...: trying to reinstall drivers for the following on an asus running updated windows 10. receiving this message A driver service for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. Code 32 have uninstalled and reinstalled both of these...
  10. Device Has Been Serviced Events

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Device Has Been Serviced Events: I get 40+ of these information events in the event viewer on most days. They are for lots of different devices. "ENVY" in the message below is this PC. The events are from the Device Setup Manager with event id 112. Device 'ENVY' ({00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff})...