Windows 10: How to fix a frozen laptop screen

Discus and support How to fix a frozen laptop screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows 11 Dell laptop is completely frozen, the screen is stuck on the last app I was on. The keys, buttons, and On / Off power button are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sadie barnett, Dec 3, 2023.

1. How to fix a frozen laptop screen

My windows 11 Dell laptop is completely frozen, the screen is stuck on the last app I was on. The keys, buttons, and On / Off power button are all unresponsive. I have only had this laptop for a few months, so it shouldn’t be acting up like this. Anyone know any way of fixing this issue.

:)

sadie barnett, Dec 3, 2023

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Eric EQR Win User
    Frozen screen

When I start up my win 10 computer the screen is frozen and there is no cursor. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Eric EQR, Dec 3, 2023
  4. How to fix a frozen laptop screen

frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

How to fix a frozen laptop screen

1. How to fix a frozen laptop screen - Similar Threads - fix frozen laptop

2. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  3. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  4. How to fix a frozen laptop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a frozen laptop screen: My windows 11 Dell laptop is completely frozen, the screen is stuck on the last app I was on. The keys, buttons, and On / Off power button are all unresponsive. I have only had this laptop for a few months, so it shouldn’t be acting up like this. Anyone know any way of fixing...
  5. How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?: I've been using a black laptop for my college life, but it appears that several keys do not work. When I checked to see what happened to my keyboard, I noticed several keys being unresponsive when pressed: the p key, square bracket keys, backward slash key, and right arrow...
  6. How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?

How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?: I've been using a black laptop for my college life, but it appears that several keys do not work. When I checked to see what happened to my keyboard, I noticed several keys being unresponsive when pressed: the p key, square bracket keys, backward slash key, and right arrow...
  7. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

Frozen Startup Screen Laptop: Hello, I have been having an issue with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. The issue is a few days ago I had gotten a notification for a system update so I didn't think much by it but when it finished updating my computer had shut down I had waited a few minutes then powered it on. The...
  8. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frozen Startup Screen Laptop: Hello, I have been having an issue with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. The issue is a few days ago I had gotten a notification for a system update so I didn't think much by it but when it finished updating my computer had shut down I had waited a few minutes then powered it on. The...
  9. Frozen Startup Screen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Laptop Security Screen Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Security Screen Frozen: My laptop security screen is frozen with a picture of a mountain and lake. There seems to have been an update but my laptop is now totally frozen and I can't access anything. What is going on - has there been an overnight update which has caused the problem?...