Windows 10: how to fix a wrong password

Discus and support how to fix a wrong password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my sister got scammed the other day and she let someone on her pc online and they went all through her pc and then set a password they used 654321 and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by corvairbob, Jun 21, 2021.

1. how to fix a wrong password

my sister got scammed the other day and she let someone on her pc online and they went all through her pc and then set a password they used 654321 and they allowed you to try to reset it but then it asked for a reset key/ thumbstick to reset that password. so i had to use my esd drive and just reset her hard drive. she did lose all her data and pictures, she did not have any backup so her loss. so is there a way to get around this? or is it what it is and your stuck if someone gets on your pc online and messes with it? or might you be able to make a master password and place that on a thumb stick for just such cases? and for safety she called the banks to get her passwords changed. she did not have any medical or retirement item on it. thanks

:)

corvairbob, Jun 21, 2021
  2. cmp9969 Win User

Wrong Password

The "Old Password" is the password to your local account. It is about to change your local account to a Microsoft Account. If you don't mind this, then enter your local account password. If you think this is overly intrusive of Microsoft, don't do it and let Cortana die.

cmp9969, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

how to fix a wrong password

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

Thema:

how to fix a wrong password

1. how to fix a wrong password - Similar Threads - fix wrong password

2. Wrong password but it is not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong password but it is not: So, I have this problem.I was following a tutorial about how to delete a file which I couldn't delete it was an ISO file, a copy of a PS2 videogame. At a certain point, the tutorial suggests me to- run CMD as admin- type the following command net user administrator /active:...
  3. Wrong password but it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong password but it is not: So, I have this problem.I was following a tutorial about how to delete a file which I couldn't delete it was an ISO file, a copy of a PS2 videogame. At a certain point, the tutorial suggests me to- run CMD as admin- type the following command net user administrator /active:...
  4. Wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong password: So i trying to fix my system drive for errors. So i shift restart, go to advanced settings, command prompt and it asks for my account password that doesn't work there. Meanwhile im here, losing my time with that same login information. How riddiculous???!!!...
  5. Wrong password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong password: So i trying to fix my system drive for errors. So i shift restart, go to advanced settings, command prompt and it asks for my account password that doesn't work there. Meanwhile im here, losing my time with that same login information. How riddiculous???!!!...
  6. Wrong password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how to fix a wrong password

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix a wrong password: my sister got scammed the other day and she let someone on her pc online and they went all through her pc and then set a password they used 654321 and they allowed you to try to reset it but then it asked for a reset key/ thumbstick to reset that password. so i had to use my...
  8. my administrator password is wrong how can i fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my administrator password is wrong how can i fix: I am the owner of this desktop .I bought it last week. I enabled administrator gave it a password. Then i disabled me Tom the user as administrator. now w10pro will not accept the password I gave The administrator so I can only use this machine as local user and can not...
  9. Wrong Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong Password: Have accidently enter 2 times wrong Password. Now 3rd time I enter CORRECT Password but still got the answer(respons) "WRONG PASSWORD" I got just opening picture + ENTER password(NOT able to take any further actions! what so ever!) Have NO NUMLOCK. Please, is someone able...
  10. Wrong password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong password: Sign-in does not recognize the password that I use to enter Microsoft Account. I cannot open windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-password/5d61a02e-9ee0-4314-8400-44a6d03a4d54