Windows 10: how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

Discus and support how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RUSHINI, Nov 30, 2022.

1. RUSHINI Win User

how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

:)

RUSHINI, Nov 30, 2022

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC - Microsoft Support

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? - Similar Threads - fix bad command

2. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?: how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-command-or-file-name-massage-for/1a0492f8-c069-4eb4-8c7c-8157f31ed331
  3. how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc?: how to fix bad command or file name massage for boot my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-bad-command-or-file-name-massage-for/1a0492f8-c069-4eb4-8c7c-8157f31ed331
  4. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC: I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as 'TERABOX' and when i wanted to know where its location then its showing me nothing just giving output "unspecified error" with...
  5. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC: I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as 'TERABOX' and when i wanted to know where its location then its showing me nothing just giving output "unspecified error" with...
  6. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Send your massage using this name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send your massage using this name: Send your massage using this name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-your-massage-using-this-name/d7afe59f-13fa-4027-9e6a-4cbf2dc27104
  8. Send your massage using this name

Send your massage using this name: Send your massage using this name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-your-massage-using-this-name/d7afe59f-13fa-4027-9e6a-4cbf2dc27104
  9. Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.: I have a folder with thousands of files with in it. I have been trying to run various batch commands on the files within this folder, however some of these files have " and ' within their filename. Is there some way to either eliminate the problem characters from within the...
  10. Error massage : No more files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error massage : No more files: To Support , รบกวนสอบถามค่ะ หลังจากที่ วินโดว์ 10 อัพเดตนี้ โปรแกรมที่ใช้งานอยู่(เป็นเครื่อง Client)ที่แชร์ข้อมูลมาจากเครื่อง server ไม่สามารถเปิดใช้งานได้ ขึ้นฟ้องว่า No more files ก่อนหน้านี้ สามารถใช้งานโปรแกรมได้ปกติ มาเป็นหลังจากอัพเดตวินโดว์ 10...