Windows 10: how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB

Discus and support how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 256GB USB, free space 117GB, it is SanDisk USB. I cannot copy or format it because of write protected. I have used all methods: using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by join, Mar 8, 2020.

1. join Win User

how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB

I have a 256GB USB, free space 117GB, it is SanDisk USB. I cannot copy or format it because of write protected. I have used all methods: using Regedit.exe, EaseUS Tools M, Diskpart Command, then I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to format it, but only 48% it stopped because of bad sectors.

I had the same problem with Kingston USB before, but it is only 57GB, with this one I cannot just throw it away.
    Please help me fix it. Thank you. I am using Windows 10 version 1909

:)

join, Mar 8, 2020
  2. freebird_9924, Mar 8, 2020
  3. HDD Bad Sector

Hi Nataniel!

I am not sure what your question is exactly, but one thing I'd recommend for sure will be to look for a replacement drive since there is already a bad sector on your current one.

Basically there are two kinds of bad sectors - hardware and software:

• Hardware ones are caused by physical damage or becoming magnetically fixed, and they are unrepairable. In short, once they appear it's only a matter of time (no way to say how long) until the HDD fails.
    • Software bad sectors on the other hand occur when something called an Error Correction Code (ECC) doesn't match the contents of the hard drive. These can be repaired by overwriting the data on the drive with zeroes (a.k.a. low level formatting) and sometimes
      by running a **chkdsk [write the letter of the drive:] /r** in the CMD.

As for getting the information from the drive if one of the partitions fail, most likely you won't be able to, which is why I'd suggest to make a regular backup of your most important data.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

MightyMiro_WD, Mar 8, 2020
  4. how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB

fix usb write protected

Hi Darren, I am Rob, an independent and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.

I use a lot of cards so just fought this battle on two more of mine yesterday. Sometimes they can be revived and sometimes not.

Make sure the card does not have a switch on it that makes it read only. If it does work it back and forth a few times.

Try the card on another computer. If same issue then it is going or has gone bad.

How to Disable Write Protection

5 Ways to Disable Write Protection - wikiHow

Write Protect and Disable USB Drive - reverse

https://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-w...

2 Free Tools to Write Protect USB Flash Drives from Registry

http://thepcsecurity.com/2-free-tools-to-write-...

You can try reformatting it or even better repartitioning it. Sometimes it works.

How to partition an SD card/flash drive with DiskPart on Windows

http://workshop.botter.ventures/2013/09/17/how-...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB

1. how to fix bad sectors and write protected in the same USB - Similar Threads - fix bad sectors

2. Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Sectors: Hi, my HDD has bad sectors and my os is just ubuntu , Can I fix them via windows 10 media disk chkdsk without any change my ubuntu system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-sectors/aada8c97-4e9c-4afe-b1b3-2c4494039794
  3. Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Sectors: Hi, my HDD has bad sectors and my os is just ubuntu , Can I fix them via windows 10 media disk chkdsk without any change my ubuntu system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-sectors/aada8c97-4e9c-4afe-b1b3-2c4494039794
  4. Cant fix bad sectors on HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant fix bad sectors on HDD: I have a hard drive that is about 64% health the last time i checked its status. This time window files got corrupted after each restart now so i did chkdsk /r and dsim in boot drive command prompt. Each has completed their operation but yet it doesnt seem that they both did...
  5. Bad sectors

Bad sectors: Windows replaced bad clusters in file CD of name windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI GAMING 3. ETL. Windows replaced bad clusters in file 365 of name \PROGRA-2\INCRED-1\Logs\BUILDS-1. LOG....
  6. disk cloning failed to write bad sector

disk cloning failed to write bad sector: I got a new Samsung 970EVO NVMe M.2 SSD and I have been trying to clone my system over to it. I have used softwares like Macrium Reflect and easeus but they all end up giving me a "failed to write bad sector"message. I have an Asus UX501V Notebook and my installed SSD is a...
  7. Temporary Fix for Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary Fix for Bad Sectors: I have an HDD on my laptop with lots of bad sectors (CrystalDiskInfo said that my HDD is already in bad condition), I'm going to get a free replacement but I can't afford to have a day without a laptop for now, since the replacement will take 4-14 days. I also don't have any...
  8. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb Write Protected: I can not delete or copy anything on my usb it sasy write protected its even did same to my phones external storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-write-protected/93973814-ac33-4479-a0c8-b87845914fb6"
  9. Usb Write Protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Write Protected: Hi there I have an issue with a usb stick I don't no how it got write protected but I cant format it or anything.i have tried the disk part with cmd and it doesn't work and the disk registry doesn't work either must I throw it away?I don't no if it has something to do...
  10. Write Protected USB

Write Protected USB: Hi, Yesterday I just bought a HP 32gb flash drive. And when I tried to connect it with my laptop, immediately It shows a pop up message to Format the USB first, tried formatting it with the default method (by right clicking and selecting the format option) . then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix bad sectors on a write protected sandisk flash