Windows 10: How to fix black screen after login?

Discus and support How to fix black screen after login? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and now when I try to login, after typing my pin it goes to a black screen. It still has a cursor and I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dreeziepleasure, Oct 25, 2020.

1. How to fix black screen after login?

Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and now when I try to login, after typing my pin it goes to a black screen. It still has a cursor and I tried the things that first come up after searching, and it has now lead me to safe mode. Anytime I try to do anything in safe mode, a little pop up box that says microsoft windows pops up saying application is not responding. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

submitted by /u/Dreeziepleasure
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dreeziepleasure, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 25, 2020
  3. TonyCole Win User
    Black screen after login

This thread lead me to a very simple fix for exactly the same Black Screen After Login problem, but I have a different fix (it took a few hours to solve it though!).

I think it's best to do this from another Administrator account.
    If you do not have another Administrator account then this is how to create one (I have copied and modified this bit from Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ):

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del, select Task Manager, File->Run new task... Open: cmd.exe then check the "Create this task with administrator privileges" then click OK.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):
      net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add
    3. Reboot the PC

To fix the Black Screen After Login problem, from another Administrator account, just delete all the files in the following directory:C:\Users\<BlackScreenUser>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches\
    Obviously replacing <BlackScreenUser> with the user account that has the issue.

TonyCole, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Dadicator Win User

How to fix black screen after login?

Black Screen after Log on

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to fix black screen after login?

1. How to fix black screen after login? - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. How to fix black login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix black login screen: My PC has recently been taking a long time to start up after a shutdown, and it’s gotten to the point where it sits on a black screen, and won’t load anything. I was wondering if their was some way to login to my admin account from safe mode using my PIN instead of password,...
  3. How to fix black login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black login screen: My PC has recently been taking a long time to start up after a shutdown, and it’s gotten to the point where it sits on a black screen, and won’t load anything. I was wondering if their was some way to login to my admin account from safe mode using my PIN instead of password,...
  4. How to fix black login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen After Login

Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  6. Black screen after login

Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  7. how to fix black screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix black screen after login: after login I get black screen with visible cursor. pressing ctl+alt+delete I can see task Mgr, but when I click on that I get the black screen again. hum lock and cap lights on, when I go in safe mode I can see screen instructions for diagnostics etc, but leaving that, it's...
  8. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Login: Every time I log on to my laptop I get stuck on a black screen with the cursor. I can get task manager up by using ctrl + alt + delete. I don't seem to have the problem when in safe mode. I have tried restarting windows explorer and running it from task manager but neither...
  9. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Login: i’m sure everyone’s heard this story about 10 times over, but every time i’ve logged in today it logs in to a black screen with a moveable cursor i’ve tried - fn+f8 (didn’t work) - windows key+ctrl+shift (didn’t work) - ctrl+alt+delete (worked but won’t open task manager) -...
  10. How to fix windows black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix windows black screen with cursor after login: How to fix windows black screen with cursor after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-windows-black-screen-with-cursor-after/46a49c19-7779-49d0-993e-679eee6c9503