Windows 10: how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

Discus and support how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marlon Sabandal, Feb 28, 2024.

1. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already.

:)

Marlon Sabandal, Feb 28, 2024
  2. FreeBooter, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

1. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  3. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  4. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  5. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  6. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to fix black screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix black screen after login: after login I get black screen with visible cursor. pressing ctl+alt+delete I can see task Mgr, but when I click on that I get the black screen again. hum lock and cap lights on, when I go in safe mode I can see screen instructions for diagnostics etc, but leaving that, it's...
  8. How to fix black screen after login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix black screen after login?: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and now when I try to login, after typing my pin it goes to a black screen. It still has a cursor and I tried the things that first come up after searching, and it has now lead me to safe mode. Anytime I try to do anything in safe mode, a...
  9. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  10. Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!): Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this doesn't make sense!! I've recently upgraded my Windows 10 to the new 1511 version and after a while I've noticed a few issues with my desktop in that all the icons disappear when it boots up and also my Dropbox doesn't...