Windows 10: How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

Discus and support How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deniese Bucad, Dec 12, 2022.

1. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot update my computer and I have a red dot in windows update symbol now T_T.P.S. The screen is black and there's no white there unlike in the picture, there's no problem with my monitor.

:)

Deniese Bucad, Dec 12, 2022
  2. FreeBooter, Dec 12, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 12, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 12, 2022
Thema:

How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

1. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update? - Similar Threads - Fix Black Screen

2. How to fix black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen after windows update: Frustrated doesn't scratch the surface after over 15 hours trying to fix the disappearance of my desktop to only recover enough to be able to see task manager on an otherwise black screen. Asus X53E was running perfectly on an SSD that was cloned from HDD. No issues - none...
  3. How to fix black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen after windows update: Frustrated doesn't scratch the surface after over 15 hours trying to fix the disappearance of my desktop to only recover enough to be able to see task manager on an otherwise black screen. Asus X53E was running perfectly on an SSD that was cloned from HDD. No issues - none...
  4. How to fix black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix black screen?

How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  6. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  7. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  8. how to fix black screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix black screen after login: after login I get black screen with visible cursor. pressing ctl+alt+delete I can see task Mgr, but when I click on that I get the black screen again. hum lock and cap lights on, when I go in safe mode I can see screen instructions for diagnostics etc, but leaving that, it's...
  9. How to fix black screen after login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix black screen after login?: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and now when I try to login, after typing my pin it goes to a black screen. It still has a cursor and I tried the things that first come up after searching, and it has now lead me to safe mode. Anytime I try to do anything in safe mode, a...
  10. How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?: I am using an HP Probook 4540s with Windows 10. This has been happening to me for the past 2-3 months but all I could do was pause updates to make sure that I did not have to uninstall updates again and again to fix the error. But now I am tired of not being able to update my...