Windows 10: How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

Discus and support How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using an HP Probook 4540s with Windows 10. This has been happening to me for the past 2-3 months but all I could do was pause updates to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by osmanjaved, Jun 12, 2020.

1. How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

I am using an HP Probook 4540s with Windows 10. This has been happening to me for the past 2-3 months but all I could do was pause updates to make sure that I did not have to uninstall updates again and again to fix the error. But now I am tired of not being able to update my laptop without seeing this black screen. The most recent update that I installed that gave me this problem was 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960. Please tell me how to fix this. I really want to be able to update my laptop without having to worry about this all the time.

Use this link if you need to see exactly what it is I'm talking about. The video shows my problem in the first 11 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeweIoo6xdE

:)

osmanjaved, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Black screen with blinking cursor

Hello,

This issue regarding the black screen and blinking cursor maybe due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue. Let's follow the methods provided by Aadland on August 8, 2015 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jun 12, 2020
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Jun 12, 2020
  4. How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

blinking screen at startup

at startup, desktop computer won't start up. The taskbar and icons blink with a black screen

JodiJokerst, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update?

1. How to fix black screen with blinking taskbar after update? - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  3. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  4. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  6. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?: My computer is updating and the black screen with spinning dots happened multiple times so I cannot update it. It was black screen with spinning dots before, in other words, it's loading, but after my computer went on stand by mode, it went like this. Please help, I cannot...
  7. How to Fix Black Screen "After" Update?

8. Black Screen Blinking

Black Screen Blinking: Greetings Microsoft User Pls i need a help because my pc keep blinking black screening while im playing how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-blinking/299af189-cbb4-45dd-9cd1-7452d33f9d32
  9. Blinking taskbar with black screen after login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking taskbar with black screen after login: I have lately been dealing with the problem of blinking task bar with a black screen for a month now and need some help. It starts to happen right after I login and takes a rough estimate of 5 minute to go back to normal, I followed the steps of this post...
  10. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?: Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for...