Windows 10: How to fix blue screen system update not handled

Discus and support How to fix blue screen system update not handled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Blue screen on startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Julien Alonso, Mar 25, 2023.

1. How to fix blue screen system update not handled

Blue screen on startup

:)

Julien Alonso, Mar 25, 2023

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 25, 2023
  3. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Mar 25, 2023
  4. How to fix blue screen system update not handled

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED blue screen at boot

Randomly yesterday after rebooting my PC, Windows failed to boot, presenting me with a blue screen error, saying the system needs to restart. After restarting, it just goes back to the same blue screen.

The stopcode is "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" (no indication of what failed at all).

What I've tried, without success:

• Complete power off and boot (no effect at all)
    • "Start-up Repair" (says it failed to fix the problem)
    • System Restore (completes successfully but still fails to boot)
    • System Image Recovery (completes successfully but still fails to boot)
    • Command Prompt "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" (completes but no effect)
    • Command Prompt "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows" (fails with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service")
    • Safe Boot (doesn't boot, still blue screens with the same error)
    I'd really like some help as to how I can fix this problem...

EDIT: I have also tried disconnecting anything not required (networking, extra hard drives, graphics card, etc) and using a generic keyboard/mouse, still with no success.

EDIT 2: I've now tried changing the RAM and running Memtest86, which showed no errors. I also tried all the "bootrec /fixmbr" stuff on command prompt. Still blue screens exactly the same as before.

ReeceJones, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

How to fix blue screen system update not handled

1. How to fix blue screen system update not handled - Similar Threads - fix blue screen

2. How to fix blue screen system update not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix blue screen system update not handled: Blue screen on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-blue-screen-system-update-not-handled/617fe0d8-6fff-4508-a9db-b349848267ac
  3. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  4. Windows blue screen System Thread exeption not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screen System Thread exeption not handled: Hi. Im stuck on boot loop. The error is:Thread exeption not handled tcpip.sys. I have tried recovery with an usb but i couldnt do it. The thing that i changed was in msconfig boot settings. I changed the cores to 12 when my processor has 8. Any help would be good....
  5. Windows blue screen System Thread exeption not handled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows blue screen System Thread exeption not handled: Hi. Im stuck on boot loop. The error is:Thread exeption not handled tcpip.sys. I have tried recovery with an usb but i couldnt do it. The thing that i changed was in msconfig boot settings. I changed the cores to 12 when my processor has 8. Any help would be good....
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  7. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  8. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled

Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled: this is in Q&A format so makes things easier. since how many days- since a month did you do install any device updaters/ use hp update assistant- yes did they make any changes - yes Frequency of Blue screen error- once in 3 days what happens after BSOD ? asks me...
  10. How to fix the "System Thread Exception Not Handled" blue screen

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to fix the "System Thread Exception Not Handled" blue screen: Getting a Blue Screen of Death, or BSOD is one of the most frustrating things that can happen when using Windows. This screen with the “System Thread Exception Not Handled” error message at the bottom is a fairly common one. You should also see a file name after the error...