Windows 10: How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

Discus and support How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have plugged a second screen into my laptop and now the text is blurry but only on the second screen. The laptop screen is at 125% The second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loosemantis, Apr 27, 2020.

1. How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

I have plugged a second screen into my laptop and now the text is blurry but only on the second screen.

The laptop screen is at 125% The second monitor is 100%

Having played around with all the display settings I still cannot get it to come right How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens :(

Note, issue did not seem to occur with older laptop/older windows

submitted by /u/loosemantis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loosemantis, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop

Screen resolutions are in my System Spec, are native and I'm using up to date drivers. Many people on the Forum report the blurry text problem like these:
    Blurry text
    FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Some fixes are proposed but I don't wish to use 3rd party utilities. There is clearly an issue whether it is due to poorly implmented GPU drivers or Windows 10.

Steve C, Apr 27, 2020
  3. roybj Win User
    Multiple screens of different dpi show blurry text (really bad)

my setup:
    win10 with 3 monitors: 4k 27" monitor and two 24" 1920x1080 monitors.
    windows suggested 150% dpi for the 4k and 100% for the others.
    4k looks great but the 24" (with 100% dpi!) looks terrible. The text is all blurry.
    I saw many similar issues (saw this: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ry-text-4.html)
    and tried the registry changes, but all fixes (including the utility that is out there) set all monitors to the same DPI.
    I can't do 100% in the 4k, it's too small, and I must do 100% in the small screens, otherwise it's too big.
    Got latest drivers for my GeForce GTX 970 and monitors (vendors drivers for all monitors).

I really don't want to let go of my 4k, but it is impossible to use the other ones.
    I attached an example for when the 4k is d/c (top) and when it is connected (bottom) from the 24" monitor. it is not really text but is shows how terrible it is, I simply can't read for more than a few minutes.

How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens [​IMG]

Please help!

Thanks,
    Roy.

roybj, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Joanne Win User

How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

Excellent!! How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens :) *Biggrin

I have already discovered it a few minutes ago, I have applied it on my system and it has resolved the blurry text problem I was facing!

Here are a few screenshots after the application of this utility:

On the second screenshot you can see part of the Event Viewer window magnified at 400%. It looks GREAT!! How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens :)

From the site of this utility I have also learnt that the scaling of the text was functioning flawlessly even until Windows 8.1!! I come from Windows 7 Home Premium - never used 8 or 8.1 - and I was under the impression that Win 7 was the last OS in which text displayed sharply on High DPI monitors. It is a big disappointment to discover that Microsoft has messed this up SO badly in Windows 10.

Now, the only other thing I am eagerly expecting is someone to update or create a utility which will enable Group Policy on Windows 10 Home. Something like this. I have tried it - because I want to remove OneDrive completely- but even though it installs and runs, OneDrive does not appear on the list.

Thank you How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens :)

Joanne, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens

1. How to fix blurry text in windows 10 with multiple screens - Similar Threads - fix blurry text

2. Windows 10 computer suddenly slower and blurry text and unsure how to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer suddenly slower and blurry text and unsure how to fix: So everything was working fine when my monitor had suddenly turned off. After I turned it back on, the resolution was zoomed in. This has happened a few times before and has been solved by simply changing the resolution and changing it back to what it was before. This time...
  3. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  4. windows 10 Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 Blurry text: Five years later, it is still there. management console blurry [img] [img] Blurry text I noticed that the edit bar of this website is also blurred [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - What has Microsoft been up to in the past five years? 164766
  5. Blurry text fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry text fix?: I have two monitors and this issue had started over the past few weeks. Whenever my mouse isn't on screen, that screen goes really blurry, when I move my mouse back over, the text corrects and goes clear again. Any ideas? submitted by /u/happyshelgob [link] [comments]...
  6. blurry text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry text windows 10: I have had fuzzy blurry text since I changed my gpu I have reinstalled clean windows tried cleartype text make everything bigger option custom scaling reinstalled gpu driver uninstalled from device manager still no help even Microsoft support does not help they just say its...
  7. Blurry GUI/Text (Fix does not fix!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry GUI/Text (Fix does not fix!): Hi guys. I got a brand new laptop and updated to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Windows makes me hate windows 10. There were issues like monitor brightness and sound. But now both are fixed after updating the drivers, i guess. Now here is the main problem. I have laptop...
  8. FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX | Windows 10 Blurry Text and Windows!: I've searched through the web and I found this great tool that fixed the blurry text that I had after changing my scale to 125% in Windows 10. [img] Simply download the file from the following page, run it and and choose the Windows 8.1 DPI scaling option and the...
  9. Windows 10 Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Blurry Text: So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems...
  10. Multiple screens of different dpi show blurry text (really bad)

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple screens of different dpi show blurry text (really bad): my setup: win10 with 3 monitors: 4k 27" monitor and two 24" 1920x1080 monitors. windows suggested 150% dpi for the 4k and 100% for the others. 4k looks great but the 24" (with 100% dpi!) looks terrible. The text is all blurry. I saw many similar issues (saw this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blurry text on second monitor windows 10

2. how to make second monitor text not blurry